Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Explain this donk move to me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312128)

Ghazban 08-10-2005 12:20 PM

Explain this donk move to me

Some sort of multiway raised pot, assume pot is 15BB or something. The flop comes with two cards of the same suit and donk A, who was not the preflop raiser, minbets it (you, know, because he's sneaky and wants to draw at his flush cheaply), somebody calls, and donk B raises this 1BB bet to ...... 3BB [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Wow! What a monstrously powerful raise that is! I imagine there's a ton of folding equity there!

Tell me why people do this.

Thanks in advance.

fuzzbox 08-10-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Explain this donk move to me

Because its donktastic.

BigF 08-10-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some sort of multiway raised pot, assume pot is 15BB or something. The flop comes with two cards of the same suit and donk A, who was not the preflop raiser, minbets it (you, know, because he's sneaky and wants to draw at his flush cheaply), somebody calls, and donk B raises this 1BB bet to ...... 3BB [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Wow! What a monstrously powerful raise that is! I imagine there's a ton of folding equity there!

Tell me why people do this.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's no limit poker limit style baby! It's in right now.

Shibby 08-10-2005 12:34 PM

He's on the same flush draw and wants the free turn card.

They're both working for the same goal whilst spending more to get there.

JihadOnTheRiver 08-10-2005 12:36 PM

I was on a PP 100NL table yesterday and called a re-re-re-re-re-raised pot with only TT. Why? Because it was only $7 to me by the time it got there. That's right, 6 min raises preflop. As for why they do this, I can only say, um, they hate money?

jkkkk 08-10-2005 12:36 PM

It makes people post on 2+2.

yvesaint 08-10-2005 12:38 PM

'Hmmm I want to draw to this flush cheaply, oh look, someone raised, he's interested, well, I want to win some money, but I want to draw to this flush cheaply, let's build the pot a little now, but not too much, I want to draw to this flush cheaply, but, you know, I want some money when I hit'

08-10-2005 12:39 PM

better flush draw

Ghazban 08-10-2005 12:39 PM

One of my problems in playing terrible players is that I don't understand the way they think. I think my win rate against them would be much higher if I could decipher their horrible plays (such as this one).

While my original post is somewhat amusing, I genuinely do want to know why people do things like this so I can play better against them.

08-10-2005 12:41 PM

id play this one as if the first guy checked and the second guy bet 3bb. play from there. then youre against one donk move. either slow play or flush draw or just weak.