Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Absolute vs. Party, $1/$2 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387097)

raze 11-28-2005 07:53 PM

Absolute vs. Party, $1/$2 6max

I cut my teeth in 6max playing at Absolute - fairly small sample size so far but I am 2BB+/100. I feel my game is reasonable sharp with lots of aggression... but anyways, I started playing Party 6max lately and what a difference!! I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, people calling everything with anything.. how does one adjust from a tight/super-aggressive strategy to suit this kind of table? TAA just doesn't seem to work at Party... any and all comments are appreciated

Also side note concerning PT, is there a quicker way to find an opponents AF rather than thru the 'More Detail' tab?

milesdyson 11-28-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Absolute vs. Party, $1/$2 6max

i've played 15k or so at this limit at party and around 6k at absolute. there is no huge difference.

POKhER 11-28-2005 08:03 PM

party is softer, Absolute is tight.

We love fish.

istewart 11-28-2005 08:06 PM

Only winning players play at Absolute Poker.

raze 11-29-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. how does one adjust from a tight/super-aggressive strategy to suit this kind of table? TAA just doesn't seem to work at Party... any and all comments are appreciated

2. Also side note concerning PT, is there a quicker way to find an opponents AF rather than thru the 'More Detail' tab?

[/ QUOTE ]

11-29-2005 04:25 AM

Lower your PF a little, get that VPIP and PFR up! The looser they are the looser you can play, just so long as your average starting hand is better than theirs. Find a couple of fish and sit to their right; milk em for all theyre worth.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

imported_leader 11-29-2005 04:52 AM

They both have free money. At Party you get it from other players. At Absolute you get it from the site.

MyTurn2Raise 11-29-2005 04:58 AM

It appears as though Absolute is changing the bonus terms...goodbye 1/2 whores

imported_leader 11-29-2005 05:04 AM

I personal think you can make more at Party then you can make at ABS. with bonus. Then again I don't think someone should be player 1/2 to make money. The object should be to get better. IMO, you can do this best on Party were you will be able to develupe things like good table selection and play against the kinds of players you have to learn to beat. i.e. bad players Learning how to beat TAG's is useful as you more up, but learning how to beat LAG's and fish are far more valuable because these are the people you have to beat and beat bad to be a winning player.

MyTurn2Raise 11-29-2005 05:05 AM

I agree completely.
I checked my per hour stats.
I make more at party from straight up play than at Absolute with bonus and rakeback