Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   6 6max pf scenarios (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349939)

Redd 10-03-2005 11:17 PM

6 6max pf scenarios

This is inspired by a recent pf discussion that I'm not going to link [edit: yet] for fear that it will slant the responses.

You're in a microlimit 6m game, in the BB. It's folded to the guy in the SB, who limps. What's your play if:

1) Villain is 50/1/0.7...
a) ...and you have QTo?
b) ...and you have Q6o?
c) ...and you have Q4o?

2) Villain is 40/15/1.2...
a) ...and you have QTo?
b) ...and you have Q6o?
c) ...and you have Q4o?

irishpint 10-03-2005 11:19 PM

Re: 6 6max pf scenarios

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
This is inspired by a recent pf discussion that I'm not going to link for fear that it will slant the responses.

You're in a microlimit 6m game, in the BB. It's folded to the guy in the SB, who limps. What's your play if:

1) Villain is 50/1/0.7...
a) ...and you have QTo?
b) ...and you have Q6o?
c) ...and you have Q4o?

2) Villain is 40/15/1.2...
a) ...and you have QTo?
b) ...and you have Q6o?
c) ...and you have Q4o? [/citar

1a) win the hand
1b) win the hand
1c) win the hand

2a) win the hand
2b) win the hand
2c) split pot.

seriously, i dont understand. are you suggesting it's worth a raise w/ these since we have position on a bad player who most likely limped some sort of trash?

Redd 10-03-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, i dont understand. are you suggesting it's worth a raise w/ these since we have position on a bad player who most likely limped some sort of trash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to find out everyone's opinion on. I don't want to suggest anything yet tho.

Paxosmotic 10-03-2005 11:22 PM

Check
Check
Check

Check
Check
Check

10-03-2005 11:23 PM

For both 1 and 2:

a)Raise
b+c)check

irishpint 10-03-2005 11:24 PM

i really dont feel like any of them are worth raises. in the first set, villian is loose and passive with a low aggression factor meaning he is going to call down w/ any pair and usually to the river w/ nothing.

in the second set the villian is a bit tighter, which means his hand might be as good as ours, and raises pf so he could even be going for a LRR. He also has a higher aggression factor and seemingly could be able to play back at us with as little as a draw or an overcard.

for both of them i dont think our pf advantage is large enough that i want to invest any more $ than I have to.

Redd 10-03-2005 11:45 PM

I might raise QTo here once in a while, but these are all generally checks for me. This was in reponse to a recent post in the micros (IIRC) where I noticed several pooh-bahs were saying they open-raise very lightly in the BB when it just gets down to the blinds (a couple people said any 2). And I remember being pretty surprised when I saw it. But for some reason I can't seem to find it any more; does anyone know about the post I'm talking about, or am I going crazy?

irishpint 10-04-2005 12:02 AM

what is IIRC?

Redd 10-04-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is IIRC?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly

benkath1 10-04-2005 12:39 AM

raise
check
check
raise
check
check

Me no likey Q high HU. QT is about as low as I'm going to raise.