Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   anyone know more about skillpoker.com? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45272)

Copernicus 09-12-2003 02:28 PM

anyone know more about skillpoker.com?

Its a new site being launched next week that is supposedly North American legal and all servers etc. are in NA. Also the game is structured to reward "good play, not suckouts" (my summary not their words), so I assume they award points for each action based on EV or something like that. Anyone know more?

Ted Geisel 09-12-2003 02:40 PM

Re: anyone know more about skillpoker.com?

I know I'd be a little wary of parking my money with a company trying to run an unlicensed gaming operation from the US. (Just because they have some software patent pending, that doesn't make them legal to operate a site, poker or otherwise, from the US.)

As for your signature line, give the guy a break, he lived as long as he could given his past excesses. I think he said, I've lived like Jim Morrison, but for an extra 22 years."

Ted "Send Lawyers, Guns & Money" Geisel

kdog 09-12-2003 10:25 PM

Give him a break Ted.He's just an exciteable boy.

Copernicus 09-13-2003 10:10 AM

You are less comfortable parking your money with a site that is based on-shore and trying to be legal then one that is offshore, illegal in the US, and where you have no access to a legal system?

Re WZ, I lament the untimely death of anyone so talented and so preventable. If Letterman's pending child is a boy he will be named Warren or Zevon, I would almost bet on it.

pokerwhore 09-13-2003 10:32 AM

My first thoughts on this site was it will be awesome to finally play at a site based in the United States.

I downloaded and seen either the software designer or owner sitting on the table with 2 robots so I joined.

I played some hands and these robots are smart, they know how to check raise when they have the nuts plus they know if you got the losing hand and is bluffing.

I asked the guy what he was doing he said testing, I said testing what the robots? He said no they just here to give players someone to play with. I said are you going to put them robots in real money games? He said it is possible but they are not going to do that.

So if you see alot of games going when they first open that means they are using them robots to the fullest.

justus 09-13-2003 11:38 AM

Greensmoke would you please learn to write in English?

MS Sunshine 09-13-2003 12:03 PM

"So if you see alot of games going when they first open that means they are using them robots to the fullest."

Robots??

The correct nomenclature is Korean Investors.

MS Sunshine

Stew 09-13-2003 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greensmoke would you please learn to write in English?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL