Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   three tables versus four (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268142)

nsdjoe 06-07-2005 09:31 PM

three tables versus four

I've been three-tabling for a while now, and find it extremely easy to keep up. I've tried four-tabling on a couple of occasions and it seems like utter chaos.

I'm surprised how different adding only one table is, has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I just need more time at three tables?

KKbluff 06-07-2005 09:33 PM

Re: three versus four tables

What kind of monitor at you using?
Is it 1600x1200 resolution?

nsdjoe 06-07-2005 09:34 PM

Re: three versus four tables

21" CRT bought solely for multi-tabling. Yes, 1600x1200.

LondonBroil 06-07-2005 09:39 PM

Re: three tables versus four

Not sure why your having this problem. I felt the difference between 1 and 2 was the greatest, follwed by the difference between 2 and 3. When I went from 3 to 4 it felt basically the same. Maybe your VP$IP is too high and your playing too many hands?

hhughes 06-07-2005 09:51 PM

I also thought the transition from 2 to 2 tables was the most difficult...3 to 4 wasnt too bad...though I will allow that it seemed a little more hectic at the beginning...maybe you havent played enough 4 tabling or dont feel comfortable and go back to 3???

FWIW

smb394 06-07-2005 10:55 PM

what are you playing?

i have issues trying to go to 4 tables of 08b (esp. 6max...damn raked hands requirement [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), but LHE is fine.

mothra 06-08-2005 12:09 AM

I am normally fine with 4 (4LHE or 3LHE and 1NL tourney), but I do experience a difference. I find three tables effortless. The fourth requires a noticable increase in concentration, but is not much trouble still.

Here and there I make an error also that I can blame on playing 4 tables. I recall making one in March and made one again tonight. In March, I hit the wrong button (accidentally folded set if I recall). Tonight, I confused two hands. One was ATs, the other was AQs...The AQs won on the flop (which included a Q). On the other table, there was a Q on the flop too, but I was on a flush draw and when the second Q hit on the river, I stupidly thought I made a set and raised to lose against pocket aces.

miajag81 06-08-2005 12:25 AM

I have noticed this too. I went from 2 to 3 tables with relative ease, and while I feel like I have gotten the hang of 4-tabling, playing only 3 tables now seems like an order of magnitude easier. I don't know how some of you crazy kids 8- and 12-table.

IggyWH 06-08-2005 01:03 AM

Maybe it's just psychological since the screen is now fully filled up with poker tables when you play 4 tables. I'm talking out my ass here as usual...

My biggest jump was from 1 to 2. I thought that was such a HUGE deal, but it was also on PokerRoom with their huge game windows and my 1024 resolution.

I need to get a new monitor though because 4 tables makes me bored anymore. I find that I have plenty of wasted time.

ricochet420 06-08-2005 05:33 AM

I started with 4 tables from the get go. Not sure.