Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Who Here Reads Grisham? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=213656)

theBruiser500 03-15-2005 12:37 PM

Who Here Reads Grisham?

I've never read Grisham to be honest but I'm pretty sure it's the same sort of thing as the Da Vanci code and I'm pretty sure it sucks bad. Who here reads his books? Do the really smart people around here read him too?

istewart 03-15-2005 12:40 PM

Re: Who Here Reads Grisham?

Well, one can read books like that occasionally and still be considered okay in my book. They're "on the beach" reads, when you have a day or so to kick around. But anyone that only reads books you can find in a CVS is a lit-noob.

DcifrThs 03-15-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never read Grisham to be honest but I'm pretty sure it's the same sort of thing as the Da Vanci code and I'm pretty sure it sucks bad. Who here reads his books? Do the really smart people around here read him too?

[/ QUOTE ]

good time passing reads. i also like scott turow. intelligence is not measured by the books you choose to read but how you internalize and utilize the information therein...

-Barron

Boris 03-15-2005 12:43 PM

Grisham Blows.

istewart 03-15-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good time passing reads. i also like scott turow. intelligence is not measured by the books you choose to read but how you internalize and utilize the information therein...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you read those books with Fabio on the cover.

DcifrThs 03-15-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, one can read books like that occasionally and still be considered okay in my book. They're "on the beach" reads, when you have a day or so to kick around. But anyone that only reads books you can find in a CVS is a lit-noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...and the 50 pages of dostoyevsky's notes from the underground is a MUST READ FOR EVERYONE

-Barron

Soul Daddy 03-15-2005 12:47 PM

I have read "The Rainmaker" and "The Partner". I enjoyed both of them, but that was many years ago, before my literary tastes were as rigid and defined.

TStoneMBD 03-15-2005 12:50 PM

if you really want to read philisophical novels, i really recommend "atlas shrugged."

benfranklin 03-15-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The really smart people don't decide that a book "sucks bad" without reading a few pages [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Paluka 03-15-2005 12:59 PM

Why are you wasting your time reading Grisham and Dickens. Popular doesn't mean good.