Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   93o, please someone tell me what my outs are (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378204)

TheMainEvent 11-14-2005 01:29 PM

93o, please someone tell me what my outs are

Both villians are loose and typical for 6max

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Koss 11-14-2005 01:32 PM

Re: 93o, please someone tell me what my outs are

I like it, but bad river overcall. Your flush outs are weak, but could be good. Your straight outs are almost certainly good. Good turn call, bad river call.

milesdyson 11-14-2005 01:33 PM

assuming hero's play is correct throughout the hand until the river overcall, who cares about overcalling after button? all he has done was bet the flop and call down after a very random check raise. we are ahead of him a majority of the time.

Koss 11-14-2005 01:43 PM

Whoops, I missed the 2-pair. Overcall is fine.

11-14-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both villians are loose and typical for 6max

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I just call this 8 outs on the flop. Against this many opponents, catching a 9 isn't really going to help b/c anyone may have a 6 or J. And catching your other card (3) isn't going to help with a high pair. Your backdoor FD is worth maybe 1 out.

I'd say you'll make a straight or flush a little over 1/3 of the time by the river.

This is one of those traps where you really want to play this hand for a straight, and yet you improve on both the turn and river and end up paying off someone with a probable winner.

It's like playing A2s in a multiway pot and flopping AQ2 and paying off AQ all the way to the showdown. Don't forget why you play a certain hand. You play A2s in multiway for flush value, not high-card value.

BatsShadow 11-14-2005 01:58 PM

grunch:

I totally hate these situations. Nothing is happy, but just good enough that you keep calling.

I probably would bet the flop in this hand, but since you didn't, I think it looks ok.

TheMainEvent 11-14-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would bet the flop in this hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? A bet on this flop will take down the pot against 4 other players in 6max basically never. I don't think it could possibly succeed often enough to make up for the times that I am raised.

BatsShadow 11-14-2005 04:08 PM

I went my image to be:
- folds a lot preflop
- otherwise bets/raises like a fiend

An open ended straight draw is enough for me to consider myself to have hit this flop. You may have as little as 6 outs. You probably have 8 or more.

On another note: Can we have the results?

TheMainEvent 11-14-2005 04:34 PM

RESULTS

MP had 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (set)
Button had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair)

11-14-2005 06:29 PM

I call this 6 outs, with the check raise, someone obviously has hit their set or two pair. Your 9 most likely wont help, the straight is what youre looking for, the back door flush draw is likely to not be good either, but may be... so add 1 out...

For 7 outs, you are just at the right odds to call, but I'd probably fold because the pot really isnt large enough...