Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Switching from B&M to the internet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239090)

wray 04-25-2005 08:54 AM

Switching from B&M to the internet

I live about 45 minutes from Tunica. I've played cash games and tournaments for the last couple years. I consider myself an average player for the amount of time I've been playing.

I'm planning on playing on the internet. I havn't even signed up on a site yet.

My initial thought is to play some .50/1 NLHE. I also like tourneys. I dislike the typical B&M weekly tourneys where the blinds change every 20 minutes. Are there some 20 - 50 dollar entry tourneys where the blinds change every 45 min - 1hr? Or even some 100 entry where they change every 1-2 hrs?

Also is there any advice you could give someone going from B&M to the internet.

Thanks

lorinda 04-25-2005 08:56 AM

Re: Switching from B&M to the internet

Also is there any advice you could give someone going from B&M to the internet.

Play two levels lower than you think you need to.

For all you have heard about internet players, in general they are better than their live counterparts at the same level.

Lori

TStoneMBD 04-25-2005 09:00 AM

make sure you are a winning player in whatever level you are playing in. dont just go redepositing every time you drop your roll.

splashpot 04-25-2005 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there some 20 - 50 dollar entry tourneys where the blinds change every 45 min - 1hr? Or even some 100 entry where they change every 1-2 hrs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly doubtful. Most sites I've seen up the blinds every 15 mins. People online don't like playing tournaments that last 8+ hours.

Emperor 04-25-2005 09:07 AM

1. Get a rakeback deal
2. Starting at .50/$1 is a good idea
3. You see twice as many hands online so playing in tournies where the blinds go up every 15-20 minutes isn't nearly as crazy as live.
4. Get Pokertracker and Playerview
5. Learn to multitable 4 tables
6. Bonus Whore
7. If you can't beat .50/$1, then you can't beat $5/$10

ripped 04-25-2005 09:15 AM

After every pot win online you must stand up and scream at the top of your lungs SHIP IT MOTHERF*CKER. They dont allow that usually in B&M so it's a must online.

Overdrive 04-25-2005 09:19 AM

Never, ever, never play without a bonus or a rakeback. That way if you are only a breakeven player you will still come out ahead and in the money. That's what is so great about online poker.

wray 04-25-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After every pot win online you must stand up and scream at the top of your lungs SHIP IT MOTHERF*CKER. They dont allow that usually in B&M so it's a must online.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean I wasn't supposed to be doing that at the B&M?

That was pretty funny I was actually LOLing.

wray 04-25-2005 11:14 AM

Do these sites have bad beat jackpots? Not that it matters. But I'll take em if they have em.

Overdrive 04-25-2005 11:27 AM

Yes Party and a couple other sites have bad beat jackpots, and high hand jackpots and some give you bonus if you hit a Royal - differnent sites have different promos.