Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is an all-in here totally out of line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363119)

KSOT 10-22-2005 02:54 PM

Is an all-in here totally out of line?

3 handed at the end of a live 11 person tournament. $10 buy-in with $80/$20/$10 payouts for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Each player started with $30 in chips.

I have about $110 in chips, newbie luckbox has $180 and skilled but passive guy has about $20. Blinds are $4/$8. I was not the chip leader, but I seemed to have the table under control.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button with luckbox to the left. Hero goes all-in trying to pick up blinds.

Too much risk to earn too little $ or is it ok?

eastbay 10-22-2005 03:00 PM

Re: Is an all-in here totally out of line?

Let me give you a hint: If the payout were 33/33/33, does it matter?

eastbay

valenzuela 10-22-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 handed at the end of a live 11 person tournament.

I have about $110 in chips, newbie luckbox has $180 and skilled but passive guy has about $20. Blinds are $4/$8. I was not the chip leader, but I seemed to have the table under control.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button with luckbox to the left. Hero goes all-in trying to pick up blinds.

Too much risk to earn too little $ or is it ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its not good enough, I would raise it to 20, remember that you dont care about giving BB good odds to call so you should probably bet a smaller amount ( u are worried that SB doesnt see the flop cheaply, 20 seems good enough to me)

KSOT 10-22-2005 03:06 PM

Hey Eastbay, I understand you are a man to be respected around these parts. Thanks for replying to my thread. Unfortunately I am too stooopid to understand the point of your hint. No, it wouldn't matter if the payouts were even, but that was far from the case. They were 80/20/10. Please elaborate for me. I reeeallly need help with my short handed play (sick and tired of always getting 2nd or 3rd).

KSOT 10-22-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its not good enough, I would raise it to 20, remember that you dont care about giving BB good odds to call so you should probably bet a smaller amount ( u are worried that SB doesnt see the flop cheaply, 20 seems good enough to me)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what I should have done, I agree. Now let me ask you a hypothetical question. You make it $20, SB goes all-in behind you. Do you lay down without a second thought?

eastbay 10-22-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Eastbay, I understand you are a man to be respected around these parts. Thanks for replying to my thread. Unfortunately I am too stooopid to understand the point of your hint.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point was straightforward: you need to start by considering all the pertinent information, and you hadn't given it yet.

eastbay

KSOT 10-22-2005 03:13 PM

I see, I am sorry then. The buy-ins were $10, also.

What do you think of the push? If you agree with Valen, what's your answer to the hypothetical question?

Thanks.

valenzuela 10-22-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what I should have done, I agree. Now let me ask you a hypothetical question. You make it $20, SB goes all-in behind you. Do you lay down without a second thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good oponent I call, against a bad oponent I fold. Is SB agressive?? Did BB call??I would need to be there to know what would I do exactly, btw the payotu cant be 80/20/10, its impossible for third spot to gain more money.

microbet 10-22-2005 03:19 PM

Payout's not 80% 20% 10%, it is $80 $20 $10.

KSOT 10-22-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a good oponent I call, against a bad oponent I fold. Is SB agressive?? Did BB call??I would need to be there to know what would I do exactly, btw the payotu cant be 80/20/10, its impossible for third spot to gain more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is not aggressive, but he is fearless. BB would have called if this hypothetical situation had come to pass. I'm not sure what you mean about the payout. There was $110 in the pool, 3rd got back their entry, 2nd got 2x and 1st got the rest O_o