Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Texas Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are you being ripped of on your rakeback deal? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399842)

12-16-2005 06:21 PM

Are you being ripped of on your rakeback deal?

Are you being ripped off on your rakeback deal? Check your numbers with the new tool rbcalc wich calculates the exact ammount of rakeback you should get by reading the pure logfiles.

Link to thread

aLOWdAkING 12-16-2005 06:24 PM

Re: Are you being ripped of on your rakeback deal?

SPAMMER!

jk man, thanks!

12-16-2005 08:40 PM

hehe, sorry for that, didnt know what topic to really put it under. Hope you dont take offence.

I really appritiate all the feedback, even if its bad, like bugs etc. (though I doubt you will find any [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).

thx Patrik

12-17-2005 12:05 AM

rbcalc - screenshots

I threw up some screenshots for the interested ones...

rbcalc screenshots

12-17-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really appritiate all the feedback, even if its bad, like bugs etc. (though I doubt you will find any ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is some feedback and I'm serious.
http://www.lgta.org/flg96/spell.gif

Evan 12-17-2005 09:02 PM

I don't get it. You can check how much rakeback you're owed really easy in poker tracker. Downloading another program to do it seems like a lot more work.

sammy_g 12-17-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. You can check how much rakeback you're owed really easy in poker tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the point is

1. it's slow on large DBs
2. total rake / APH is not 100% accurate

Evan 12-17-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. You can check how much rakeback you're owed really easy in poker tracker. Downloading another program to do it seems like a lot more work.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the point is

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Maybe, I've never experienced PT taking more than 20 seconds to load anything I needed though.
2) Why not? Isn't that how rakeback is calculated? Are you talking about the fact that APH is rounded to 2 places? Because I think that's a little ridiculous.

edge 12-17-2005 09:45 PM

PT counts observed hands as well, from what I've seen. I could be doing it incorrectly though.

sammy_g 12-17-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Maybe, I've never experienced PT taking more than 20 seconds to load anything I needed though.

[/ QUOTE ]
it takes minutes for me sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Why not? Isn't that how rakeback is calculated? Are you talking about the fact that APH is rounded to 2 places? Because I think that's a little ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
you could have paid a disproportionate amount of the total rake when playing 2 or 3 handed versus 5 or 6 handed. not sure how great this effect is.

sammy_g 12-17-2005 10:05 PM

let me give an example.

say you played 50 hands HU with an average rake of $1/hand.
you also played 50 hands 6-handed with an average rake of $2.50/hand.

PT way:

($2.5 * 50 + $1 * 50) total rake / 4 APH = $43.75

you contributed $43.75.

accurate way:

$50 / 2 = $25
$2.5 * 50 / 6 = $20.83
25 + 20.83 = $45.83

you contributed $45.83.

12-17-2005 10:50 PM

The thing is that poker tracker rounds down the numbers, rbcalc calculates the exact number.

And if you try loading 100Mb worth of logfiles in PT it takes several minutes, rbcalc is much much faster.

But I am not sure how much off PT is compared to rbcalc, I have not had the time to test the differances.

But if someone could check with some large logfiles and show the diff I would appritiate it.

PS. currently tournament games will mess upp the statistics, according to one feedback I got.

It should not though, since tournaments is not raked?

I appritiate all feedback.

cheers

12-18-2005 03:22 PM

my PT numbers are short of actual rakeback numbers by a ratio of 5:6 pretty much every month.

12-18-2005 11:44 PM

yea, if you use the numbers that PT displays (avrage players per table) to calculate the RB you will come somewhat short, because PT rounds down those numbers. And because it's a bad way to calculate it, bound to get it wrong.
rbcalc does it the same way, but instead of stacking the total number of players then dividing them by the total number of games, to get a number like 7.352546252352352, then just chop of the decimals....
It calculates the exact rake for each hand, then stack all the rake together.

Though you can calculate it correct if you make your own sql script I recon, or ripp someone elses. Check the pokertracker forum, or just use rbcalc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

Python49 12-19-2005 10:30 AM

I've had two problems with using this program.

1) When I put in my user handle it tells me that the name was not found in any raked hands even though im sure i'm typing it right.

2) Party poker hand histories are deleted from your computer after a while, so hands from days in the beginning of the month that I had are not on my computer anymore except the ones in poker tracker.

Is there anyway I can take them from PT and run with this program? Also, is poker grapher's rake calculator more accurate? It appears to be so.

Python49 12-19-2005 10:31 AM

Oh yea, I don't know what some of you are talking about when saying loading hands into PT only takes a few seconds/minutes... i've had it take up to 30-45 mins and my computer is 2.4 ghz with 1gig ram.

jman220 12-19-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway I can take them from PT and run with this program? Also, is poker grapher's rake calculator more accurate? It appears to be so.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT has an option that lets you recreate the hand histories, its Utilities: Export Hand Histories to File. And you can do it by date.

12-20-2005 02:53 AM

Yes, PT is verry slow, hence one of the reasons for this tool.

I will make rbcalc work with both the pure logfiles (for those without PT) and the PT databases. I an working on it right now and the plan is to release the implemented graph engine and PT-database version before newyears.

As for the absolute poker hand history files, I still need some example logfiles to work with, so anyone... feel free to post a link.

I will take a look at the prima network logfiles later in january.

but now, it's time to sleep, nite!