Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing an overpair against a LAG... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301693)

chesspain 07-27-2005 11:23 AM

Playing an overpair against a LAG...

I will apologize in advance if this is a boring hand, but I'm a limit player making a gradual foray into NL. This hand took place in a nine-handed, 1-2NL (100Max) homegame. Everyone who came into the pot in front of me has at least $75 in front of them.

Folded to a decent, thinking LAG in UTG+1 who calls. Called in UTG+2 by a more erratic LAG who is prone to chasing draws incorrectly. Folded to a weak-tight TAG who calls in MP. Folded to me in the SB and I raise to $10 with red KK...BB folds, UTG+1 calls, the other two limpers fold. UTG+1 and I each have approx. $150.

Flop ($26)

T75r

I bet $10, UTG+1 raises to $25, I call.

Turn ($76)

Some low rag (I can't remember any more than that)

I check, UTG+1 bets $25, I raise to $75...

amoeba 07-27-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Playing an overpair against a LAG...

raise more preflop.

if you are willing to do that on the turn with KK then you must be willing to do that on the turn with AK.

I don't think you'll get a worse hand to call here.

swolfe 07-27-2005 11:38 AM

i'd make it $12 preflop and bet full pot on the flop

any lone 8 has a double-gutter, so you have to be wary of a 6 or 9 on the turn. you should also watch out for a J or 4.

i'd pull a stop-n-go here. he could be raising on the straight draw to get a free card, so i'd call his flop bet and lead the turn. if he raises that, i fold.

both of you guys underbet the pot with every bet...

chesspain 07-27-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...bet full pot on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really want him to fold a hand with as few as 2-5 outs?

[ QUOTE ]
any lone 8 has a double-gutter, so you have to be wary of a 6 or 9 on the turn. you should also watch out for a J or 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has an 8x, then the flop for him would be T875x--how is this a double gutter?

GrunchCan 07-27-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd make it $12 preflop and bet full pot on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have made it more like $20 PF, either in the home game described or on PP NL25 and NL50 tables. Is that too much?

swolfe 07-27-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...bet full pot on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]Do I really want him to fold a hand with as few as 2-5 outs?

[/ QUOTE ]do you want to make some money? if he's going to call $10, then he'll call $20. would you only bet $10 if you held AK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If he has an 8x, then the flop for him would be T875x--how is this a double gutter?

[/ QUOTE ]you're right, i misread it...