Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ on paired board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373135)

emil3000 11-06-2005 08:24 PM

QQ on paired board

No reads, just sat down... Villain is swedish which implies a bit less donkishness than if he were say italian.

I have 400, villain covers. $2/$4 blinds.

Folded to villain on button, he minraises. I make it 30 with QQ, he calls.

Flop is KK4 rainbow. I bet 40, he minraises. Continue with the hand? if so give me a line.

Malachii 11-06-2005 10:49 PM

Re: QQ on paired board

Hmmm. No, I don't continue. Reverse implied odds and such. I would check the flop, did you consider this?

DJ Sensei 11-07-2005 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is swedish which implies a bit less donkishness than if he were say italian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in THAT case...

Anyhow, I think if you want to take the pot down quick, a check-raise on this flop is a better move than leading at it. Villain could minraise with any two, assuming that you wouldnt bet out with AK. Of course any two includes K's, AA, or 44. A check-raise shows more strength on your part and you can safely fold to a re-raise of your check-raise.

In any case, you're way ahead/way behind and out of position, so I would try to avoid throwing too much money in without a good read. Without a K himself, villain probably isn't going to keep betting at you on the turn and river if you call his flop bet (he'll fear you're slowplaying trips, especially after the preflop action).

As such, I think check-call is your best bet for this hand, with check-raise a 2nd best option. Leading out... probably not so good.

11-07-2005 03:59 AM

I cant understand why Kx hand would min raise (or raise at all) on that position after flop. He min. raised pre-flop (could do with any hand), and then paid your 30 -> I would put him to 77-TT range and push after he min. raised you.
EDIT PS: let us know what happened.

Malachii 11-07-2005 04:29 AM

And if Villain smooth calls a C/R, what's the plan for the turn? Check/fold? I think he calls a C/R with a number of lower pocket pairs here.

emil3000 11-07-2005 04:34 AM

I am now really starting to think I should have checked this flop. Don't ever do it, and I think it's a leak.

It's just such a god awful situation with this raise, cause he is in essence betting me like a hundred more to know whether he has a king or not. His hand range is also pretty ridiculous. I feel like any pair could possibly do this and any pair would certainly be in there preflop, obv. a king and possibly a total bluff. So it's really WA/WB situation. I think calling on this flop really sets me up to get outplayed later in the hand.

But that's what I did.

Turn is a jack. I check. He now bets $15 at me. How can I do anything other than call?

AllIn3High 11-07-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is swedish which implies a bit less donkishness

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he minraises.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he minraises

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any way, as others have pointed out it seems like a very odd line for a better hand, I think it's more likely he's FOS.

I'd make it 160 straight and be done w/ the hand.