Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   500k seat - play, or unregister (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299077)

ClaytonN 07-23-2005 09:59 PM

Re: 500k seat - play, or unregister

Goddamit. I am on the fence again. Argh.

ClaytonN 07-23-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move up to 20+2 sngs. You're losing money by playing under your roll because the 20s are not that much more difficult than the 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really isn't a part of the issue, but I see where you're coming from. Fact is, poker is going to be almost cut off completely when college starts in 3 weeks.

ClaytonN 07-23-2005 10:01 PM

Seriously, right now I'm thinking fck it, because the money I have right now is more than enough for freshman year, and what the hell, why not take a crapshoot at a huge score.

i'm sure in 30 minutes i'm going to start thinking more like carl. this is insanity.

Voltron87 07-23-2005 10:04 PM

1. play it as a shot.
2. i hate people who are giant pussies who cant make decisions for themselves. youll never become a truly good player asking everyone everything, run your own life, make some mistakes, repeat. this reeks of that flaw.

Gomez22 07-23-2005 10:04 PM

Maybe not good advice, but if I were in your situation (and I can only talk about what I would do here, because you may be a much better MTT player than me) I would personally probably take the T$ and play:

A) 10 20/2 SNGs
B) 6 30/3 SNGs
C) 20 10/1 MTTs
D 10 20/2 MTTs

or any combination of the above.

Personally, I would think this would give me a better chance of maximizing my profits without risking the full amount of my winnings on 1 tournament, and if I were to play well enough to make a FT of a 10 or 20 MTT, then I am far better off (in my mind) than taking the risk in a larger MTT where my edge may not be as great.

Like I said....... just what I would do.

Quercus 07-23-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, right now I'm thinking fck it, because the money I have right now is more than enough for freshman year, and what the hell, why not take a crapshoot at a huge score.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't cash in this tournament, it isn't like you are going to forget how to increase your bankroll....

ClaytonN 07-23-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate people who are giant pussies who cant make decisions for themselves. youll never become a truly good player asking everyone everything, run your own life, make some mistakes, repeat. this reeks of that flaw.

[/ QUOTE ]

point taken, but I'm trying to take action so I don't go into making this decision like a chicken with his head cut off. Likely have gone too far with that, though.

TheTimeIsUp 07-23-2005 10:13 PM

Seriously, if you are making suck a big deal about this, please unregister ASAP.

soweak. 07-23-2005 10:40 PM

Unregister now, that way you can re-register once you make a clear decision.

Is this "Satellite Winner's Remorse"

ZimbuTheMonkey 07-23-2005 11:03 PM

I, personally, would take a shot. Reason being that I'm still a student living at home, I don't have many expenses and I play poker as a hobby. That's just me though, you have to go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.