Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55s - seeking a study partner. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321313)

Isura 08-23-2005 05:40 PM

$55s - seeking a study partner.

Upon review of my game, I have come to the conclusion that I suck at NL sngs. I probably should have played more 33s, but whatever. I am overbankrolled even for the 55s, and anything lower makes my head hurt. Also, I don't play for a living or anything, so I don't mind just playing 2-4 tables and working on my game. I'm seeking another $55 level player willing to exchange some hand histories and analyze each other's game. I don't see any better way to improve. I've considered hiring a coach, but I don't know anyone who does that around here.

axeshigh 08-23-2005 05:53 PM

Re: $55s - seeking a study partner.

Sure, I'd be interested. I 8-table the 55s atm. PM me if you want to work something out.

MegaBet 08-23-2005 06:00 PM

Yeah, count me in to your posse if you'd like [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I feel I have gone as far as I can on my own and need to expand on this with ideas from others who play at my level. I have leaks in my game; sometimes lack of concentration, bad reads, and lately heads up, and maybe studying with others will help patch these as well as patching others with my play. I DO do this for a living ( a couple of months now) and mostly play the 55s (44% over 500 games), although I also play the 215s. Let me know...

psyduck 08-24-2005 02:52 AM

Definitely. PM me if you'd like. I 8-table the 55s a lot and the 33s sometimes.

nate_king1 08-24-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon review of my game, I have come to the conclusion that I suck at NL sngs. I probably should have played more 33s, but whatever. I am overbankrolled even for the 55s, and anything lower makes my head hurt. Also, I don't play for a living or anything, so I don't mind just playing 2-4 tables and working on my game. I'm seeking another $55 level player willing to exchange some hand histories and analyze each other's game. I don't see any better way to improve. I've considered hiring a coach, but I don't know anyone who does that around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could I hop on? I'm only at the 11s and some 22s. But I would love some who plays the higher levels to give me advice.

stupidsucker 08-24-2005 03:38 AM

There was a 55s personal study group that formed at a forum, but It isnt active.

bawcerelli 08-24-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Could I hop on? I'm only at the 11s and some 22s. But I would love some who plays the higher levels to give me advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt these guys want to exchange ideas with an 11's player, but pm me i'll shoot the sh!t with ya.

bennies 08-24-2005 04:33 AM

I'm in too if possible, maybe you could organize this somehow?

microbet 08-24-2005 06:26 PM

I was wondering how you got over bankrolled. You mean from outside poker money? Or, maybe you don't suck so bad at NL SNGs.

BadMongo 08-24-2005 06:30 PM

I'm trying to move up to the 55s as well. If you or anyone else would like to exchange hand histories I'd be all for it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]