Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bellhorn. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310981)

nothumb 08-09-2005 12:38 AM

Bellhorn.

So done.

Or at least, he deserves to be. Will Francona bring him back when he gets healthy? Let's hope not. Graffanino is a class act, a solid fielder and a canny player.

I'd hate to see him have to platoon with Beezer and get out of rhythm.

NT

sublime 08-09-2005 02:44 AM

Re: Bellhorn.

Bellhorn > Cora

Also, over the course of thier carrers, Bellhorn > Graffanino.

I do however agree that at this point Graff seems the obvious choice to play 2B going forward.

Methinks Cora gets dumped. If for some reason Bellhorn has lost the ability to play baseball at the age of 30, then maybe they just leave him in the minors/DFA him, hes not signed for next year.

nothumb 08-09-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, over the course of thier carrers, Bellhorn > Graffanino.

[/ QUOTE ]

Career BA / SLG / OPS

Graff .264 / .367 / .721
Beezer .238 / .404 / .755

Surprising, those walks (and occasional doubles) really add up.

However, Graffanino has played in some pretty punchless lineups compared to Bellhorn, and I think we can expect he'll get more pitches to hit in Boston. We certainly saw that tonight (small sample size, I know). And he's a better all-around defensive player, more versatile, and better on the basepaths. I really like his work ethic.

I think it's interesting, when you have a lineup with Graff, Cora, Damon all together, you have one end that can be more aggressive on the basepaths and put pressure on the defense before the big hitters come up. I was excited to see them running the bases so hard tonight. They're not going to give you a lot of outright steals, but they put the ball in play and run aggressively. If we can just keep Edgar from erasing them with his patented 6-4-3. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

You're right, over the long run you crunch the numbers and it's hard to abandon Beezer, especially against righties. But this playoff run is happening in the short run and you hate to screw up a good thing.

NT

08-09-2005 06:25 AM

Maybe the Yankees will sign him as their backup infielder. Maybe he could teach Cano how to walk.

Toro 08-09-2005 03:07 PM

Who?

2planka 08-09-2005 03:23 PM

He stays on the DL/goes on rehab assignment until rosters expand. He and Adam Stern spoon on the bench from then on.

sublime 08-09-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He stays on the DL/goes on rehab assignment until rosters expand. He and Adam Stern spoon on the bench from then on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam Stern must have pictures of Theo with a man or something. I hope this is the last time they waste a roster spot on a rule V guy.

Toro 08-09-2005 06:27 PM

Agreed. I can see small market teams going the Rule 5 route but not contenders.

sublime 08-19-2005 09:16 PM

WEEI reporting he has been DFA.

Toro 08-19-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?