Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Fourflush bluff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402400)

Entity 12-20-2005 10:48 PM

Fourflush bluff

Villain is relatively unknown. Seems a bit loose aggressive preflop so far.

Folded to me OTB. I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He 3-bets from the BB after SB folds. I cap. He calls.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets and I call.

Turn is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets and I raise.

Boring?

Drontier 12-20-2005 11:54 PM

Re: Fourflush bluff

i think i just fold flop. i feel like spewing otherwise.

ClaytonN 12-20-2005 11:56 PM

Flop call seems iffy, what are you trying to sell? High single spades raise that flop, as well as any high pair that doesn't have a spade. Any high cards w/ no spade are usually not calling, either. Unless you mix up your play to an extent, that's what I see?

The call on the flop and the raise on the turnlooks FOS tbh,

Entity 12-21-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
High single spades raise that flop, as well as any high pair that doesn't have a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't raise the flop nearly 100% with a high spade. I'd raise it with a flush or a pair+FD but not just a FD. I don't know whether he's able to recognize this or not.

I called the flop for bluff equity + small potential of best hand + small portion of outs. I know it's a bad situation for reverse implieds but I wasn't necessarily planning on showing down.

Alex/Mugaaz 12-21-2005 01:18 AM

This is just too fancy to be +ev imho.

StellarWind 12-21-2005 01:21 AM

I'm a boring person. I take a card here and fold the turn.

If you want to play on then clearly the turn raise is better than calling down. The 5-flush chop draw ensures that he has a lot of outs. Folding to the turn raise is a Sklansky mistake irrespective of his cards but I doubt he realizes that.

12-21-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the turn raise is a Sklansky mistake irrespective of his cards but I doubt he realizes that.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean a FTOP mistake or something else?

StellarWind 12-21-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the turn raise is a Sklansky mistake irrespective of his cards but I doubt he realizes that.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean a FTOP mistake or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]
FTOP.

Danenania 12-21-2005 08:21 AM

I like it. His flop lead spells weakness to me.

12-21-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. His flop lead spells weakness to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I dont want to give a freecard, since if another spade comes, I lose "