Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   88 in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388921)

stu-unger 12-01-2005 02:31 AM

88 in BB

reads are villain is decent. he plays a few too many hands, and opens more than i do. im sure he isnt paying attention, but am playing as my normal supa nit self.

50nl 6max
effective stack 60
dealt to hero 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

pre flop- MP calls, CO raises to 2, hero calls in BB, MP calls 1.5.

flop (6.25)-6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero bets 6, MP folds, CO calls.

turn (18.25)-2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero...

this spot really confused me. my guess is the COs range is something to the effect of A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x, AxK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 88-JJ, or a flopped flush. what do u do here? pot it, c/f, c/c then block...

CobraGoat 12-01-2005 02:38 AM

Re: 88 in BB

could this be a perfect time for check call the flop, lead the turn in an effort to best find out where you are while controlling the pot size?

stu-unger 12-01-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
could this be a perfect time for check call the flop, lead the turn in an effort to best find out where you are while controlling the pot size?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the idea, but its 3way and i dont feel too confident about my [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] outs...

CobraGoat 12-01-2005 03:04 AM

confidence in your diamond outs is not the key here, IMHO.

you have a nice but super vulnerable hand that might be best on a dangerous board. if you lead out you are building a pot thats tougher to get away from and you dont really know where you stand OOP. if you check call lead turn, i think you get a much clearer idea of where you stand.

but ive only recently begun toying with this move and obviously dont understand all facets, especially 2 way on a board like this. tough spot regardless.

2PAUL2 12-01-2005 04:08 AM

i would prolly bet 2/3 an fold to a raise. river is gonna be hard whatever you do an i wouldnt blame you for check folding.

paul

stu-unger 12-01-2005 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would prolly bet 2/3 an fold to a raise. river is gonna be hard whatever you do an i wouldnt blame you for check folding.

paul

[/ QUOTE ]

since this hand got little interest, i will go ahead and reveal the results. i c/f'ed the turn. i just couldnt put villain on any hand that i could beat that would bet...

scdavis0 12-01-2005 04:11 AM

c/r all in

stu-unger 12-01-2005 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r all in

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly i contemplated making a move on the turn as i felt like i had the best hand quite often, or he was folding a lot of hands i beat. the only reason i didnt, is i dont know that i had enough fold equity and well im a pussy...

rachelwxm 12-01-2005 12:46 PM

I check flop or bet less flop.
What if he reraise you on flop?
Like you bet pot and he calls, you still don't know where you are. He could have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as well as over pair with diamond draw. An over pair without a diamond probably reraise you probably not.