Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is A Fold Possible Here (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367320)

theBruiser500 10-28-2005 02:48 PM

Is A Fold Possible Here

3 handed, opponent is Svantekung, he seems to change gears between nitty and not nitty. Right now he is not nitty (preflop), but he doesn't seem to be betting much postflop unless he has it. However he's made a few big river continuation bets. I think one of them somewhere along the line has been a bluff (maybe this one).

I have 10k, he has me covered, he is in SB, and raises to 300, i raise to 900. He is calling most of my reraises. Flop is 7h 2d 8h, check check.

Turn is Ks, he check/calls my 1800, I think I succesfully made the timing on my bet suspiciousbut not sure. River is 3c, he leads out all in. It's hard to put him on a real hand with this action, at first I thought I'd have to call and win most of the time. But why his overbet? Then I started thinking maybe he has a big hand and is playing it real tricky. If the action doesn't make sense it generally works to believe the opponents river action as the truth.

BobboFitos 10-28-2005 02:49 PM

Re: Is A Fold Possible Here

holecards?

theBruiser500 10-28-2005 02:50 PM

sorry AK

Prevaricator 10-28-2005 02:55 PM

really seems like you have to call here because wouldn't a really big hand want to CR instead, and he's gotta think hes gonna just take it down most of the time. Then again, calling off my stack with one pair is something that I seem to do more than rarely.

10-28-2005 03:02 PM

I would fold this for all the reasons you stated. Plus I am generally not comfortable sticking my whole stack in facing an all in overbet with only one pair. The player could be assuming you're trying to bluff the king on a dry board here or he could assume you do in fact have the K and is trying to get you to pay off his made hand. I would suspect which line he is most likely taking depends on your image at the table. Given no additional information I fold.

Ulysses 10-28-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at first I thought I'd have to call and win most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I go with in these scenarios. My first thought is usually right.

[ QUOTE ]
If the action doesn't make sense it generally works to believe the opponents river action as the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ this as a default rule.

flawless_victory 10-28-2005 04:34 PM

wow. that is a tough laydown... im certain he has you destroyed here, but i really dont want to fold...
basically, he eithwer flopped the nuts, or he has 33.

10-28-2005 04:36 PM

I think most of the time villain has AK here.

theBruiser500 10-29-2005 06:37 PM

folded don't know what he had or what i should have done on the river.

Ulysses 10-29-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. that is a tough laydown... im certain he has you destroyed here, but i really dont want to fold...
basically, he eithwer flopped the nuts, or he has 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

T9 is an easy hand for him to have, among others.