Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did I miss a clear raise on the flop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407793)

12-30-2005 03:07 PM

Did I miss a clear raise on the flop?

BB 85/30/1.80
SB unknown

Converted at PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.10/$0.20 Stakes (4 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 2: Button (Hero) ($5.10)
Seat 3: Small blind ($1.60)
Seat 5: Big blind ($2.25)
Seat 9: CO ($1)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
CO raises, Hero raises, Small blind calls, Big blind calls, CO calls

Flop: (11.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind bets, Big blind calls, CO raises, Hero calls, Small blind calls, Big blind calls

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind bets, Big blind calls, CO calls, Hero calls

River: (13.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind bets, Big blind calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises, Small blind raises, Big blind calls, Hero calls

Final Pot: $4.4

istewart 12-30-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Did I miss a clear raise on the flop?

Yep. Raise it.

marchron 12-30-2005 03:38 PM

Yup.

12-30-2005 03:50 PM

Grunch:

Yep, raise the flop. Depending on the subsequent action after you raise, I'd usually bet/raise the turn too.

bozlax 12-30-2005 04:28 PM

You do realize that the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river likely hurt you more than it helped you, right?

At least you raised preflop, so got one street right.

Buckmulligan 12-30-2005 04:30 PM

I disagree with everyone saying we raise this flop.

I'm cold calling and raising a safe turn.

12-30-2005 05:00 PM

Bozlax, I disagree with the Q helping others more than me.

BB pathologically raised his 'winning hands', if he made a flush or straight he would ALWAYS raise here, so I beat him 99% of the time.

I put SB on a flopped set/2-pair, TPTK - he already made his hand and rarely has a flush/straight. he may have been protecting KTs, but not enough for the my river raise to be that bad most of the time.

jd

bozlax 12-30-2005 07:00 PM

How many hands did you have on BB? How many times had you seen him make a flush on the river with an aggressive player to act behind him? How many times had you seen him play a crap flush hard? What about the ugly end of the straight with a BDFD?

As for SB, fine. IF he has two-pair or a set then you're now ahead of a hand that you were behind. I'd say, given the action, that leaves him with JJ, specifically.

My biggest problem is that you're inconsistent in this hand. Since you didn't 3-bet the flop, you don't really know that you didn't force out a BDFD on the flop, so then raising the river when that flush comes in is not great, imo.

masse75 12-31-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with everyone saying we raise this flop.

I'm cold calling and raising a safe turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do in this case where the turn throws in a TON of coordination? Even facing the early callers with 2 cold, they have odds to call.

I think raise the flop to avoid this.

Black Peter 12-31-2005 01:22 AM

Cap the flop and call the river. Why are you raising when the Qd hit?

Oh, and raise the turn too.