Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Give credit for JJ on the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405970)

SomethingClever 12-27-2005 04:07 PM

Give credit for JJ on the river?

Again, no read. I think I mindlessly cap this usually. But I decided I should consider that JJ is a not unreasonable holding. Ehhh?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

gharp 12-27-2005 04:10 PM

Re: Give credit for JJ on the river?

I think he plays AT or maybe AA/KK/QQ the same way. I'd probably go ahead and 3-bet -- there's exactly one combination of JJ that beats your second nuts here.

Also, I'd be more inclined to check-raise the flop than bet it.

SomethingClever 12-27-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'd be more inclined to check-raise the flop than bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my usual line but I wasn't paying attention and forgot there was a pf raise. Then when he started going crazy I remembered, and thought, "JJ??????? Nahhhh... wait.... hmmm..."

cdxx 12-27-2005 04:19 PM

let's pretent he didn't raise pf, then he has JT twice as often as JJ here, in addition to T5, 55. so a cap is in order. same if you know that he'll raise just about anything, let's say PFR &gt;20%.

but without a read, you have to assume that he only raises JJ here, so a call can't be too bad. but another interesting holding is AJ. a typically passive player doesn't cap the turn, but maybe a random player caps it more often than JJ actually occurs.

edit : read another post and totally agree. AT is much more likely. i was wrong, cap it.

Buckmulligan 12-27-2005 04:24 PM

This looks a lot like AT so i go ahead and cap.

Incidently, I like the donk on the flop. It doesn't make the hand as obvious and when we get raised here, which we will a lot, then we can call and checkraise the turn.