Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ HU -- opponents bets out on 3 suited board on turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405458)

12-26-2005 05:39 PM

QQ HU -- opponents bets out on 3 suited board on turn

Villain just joined the table and this is his second hand, no reads on him. How was my turn play? Should I have played more aggressively and raised with a draw to the 3rd nut flush?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Jaran 12-26-2005 05:54 PM

Re: QQ HU -- opponents bets out on 3 suited board on turn

I think you can raise the turn and fold to a 3bet. Most players at this level will c/r a made flush/2pr hand rather than bet it out. If he is a better player, he could be trying a bet/3bet line.

-Jaran

12-26-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can raise the turn and fold to a 3bet. Most players at this level will c/r a made flush/2pr hand rather than bet it out. If he is a better player, he could be trying a bet/3bet line.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?!?!?!

Your line:

Cost 2BB
Result:
1. Villan folds, You win pot
2. Villan raises, you fold. You dont see his hand.

His line:
Cost 2BB
Results:
1. You win, You win 2BB more than than if he folded to the turn raise.
2. You lose, you see his hand.

Jaran 12-26-2005 06:16 PM

Because I don't think he's folding to a raise. I think his likely hand is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Jx, and he calls one on the turn and one more on the river, even on a blank. BTW, I don't mind the op's line here at all.

-Jaran

silkyslim 12-26-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
i really dont like this move because you have the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think hero played it super duper.

Jaran 12-26-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
i really dont like this move because you have the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think hero played it super duper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! For some reason I thought it was the Q of puppyfeet.

-Jaran

silkyslim 12-26-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! For some reason I thought it was the Q of puppyfeet.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
probably because you are in love.............. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

J.Copperthite 12-26-2005 07:00 PM

I think you played this fine. If he does have a lower flush that would explain his bet on the turn, rather then going for the checkraise. I think he's more likely to have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Jx as previously mentioned. I think calling down is correct since you lose 2 BB either way, but if you're wrong and raise him on the turn, you lose 2 more BB if you call it down and lose. You'd have to have a good read on the guy to raise him on the turn IMO.