Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361505)

Gigabet 10-20-2005 06:30 AM

Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

I'll just post the relevant players in this hand history. I will start be telling you that the game is 9 handed, I am the SB and Dan Harrington is the big blind. Our stacks are very nearly equal at around 120k a piece. The blinds are 600/1200.

Festa al Lago 10k Buy-In WPT Main Event
Blinds 600/1200

Seat 1 Gigabet(120,000)
Seat 2 Dan Harrington(120,000)

Gigabet posts small blind of 600
Dan Harrington posts big blind of 1200

Gigabet is dealt (Js,Th)

Gigabet calls 600
Dan Harrington Checks

Flop (Jd Th 3c)

Gigabet bets 2700
Dan Harrington raises to 7000
Gigabet calls

Turn (4h)

Gigabet bets 12,000
Dan Harrington raises to 30,000
Gigabet folds

Conversation between Dan and I during the hand, after Dan raises the turn card.

Gigabet: What do you have?
DAn: I have a very strong hand
Gigabet: I flopped Top Two pair
Dan: My hand is not that strong(referring to the strength of what I said my hand was)]

I should include the fact that the avg stack for the field is around 65k. The avg stack for my table was around 90k.

At the end of the second day, there are 39 or so players left, and I have 230k.

tigerite 10-20-2005 06:32 AM

Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

It sounds like he had KhQh or something similar, but this being Action Dan it could just as well be 4 3 offsuit

10-20-2005 06:35 AM

So what do you put him on?

durron597 10-20-2005 06:38 AM

I don't see how you can put him on exactly 333 after that action, and nothing else he has beats us.

Exitonly 10-20-2005 06:39 AM

If you were planning on folding to another raise, why not check call the turn, and put a blocking bet on the river (or check call again)

i'd really want to see a showdown here.

Gigabet 10-20-2005 06:42 AM

The way I see it, he can have 3 hands with action like this. JT, 33 or J3. KQ is absolutely unthinkable. One I lose to, one I chop with and one I win with. Why is this a tough fold?

Seadood228 10-20-2005 06:44 AM

I couldn't fold that hand to taht flop. I'd have played it more passive on the the flop and turn, but I just couldn't let it go at any point.

I'd probably donk it and just check/call all the way, maybe leading a little on the river. I wouldn't want to go broke in this spot, especially with those chips, but I still don't think I could fold.

Personally I think top two is strong enough to give free cards to on a rainbow board against a player who let me limp on his blind.

So does anyone except me check this flop?

[EDIT] BTW I can def see the arguement for folding here. Reasons have already been stated.

tigerite 10-20-2005 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, he can have 3 hands with action like this. JT, 33 or J3. KQ is absolutely unthinkable. One I lose to, one I chop with and one I win with. Why is this a tough fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, did you have that Th up your sleeve, or did the dealer put two packs together? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Seadood228 10-20-2005 06:46 AM

I think that's the line I'd take throughout the hand, esp against someone with that stack... And I'm taking my time with each call.

Exitonly 10-20-2005 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't J4 play it that way too?

And even if only J3,33,JT did it.. there are more combinations of J3 than 33 or JT, so you've got better than 50% equity.. though i can understand not risking a huge portion of your stack to that..