Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   JTs 4-handed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401881)

private joker 12-20-2005 04:32 AM

JTs 4-handed

Full 20/40 game at the HG that is down to 5-handed for this hand because 2 guys left and 2 other guys moved seats and are waiting.

A fairly tight (but on the passive side) player open-limps in the CO. I raise on the button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB folds, BB calls (he's a new player but seems fairly dumb), CO calls.

Flop comes down K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

BB comes out betting. CO folds. I call (?).

Turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet (?), he calls.

River is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks, I check (?).

jason_t 12-20-2005 04:36 AM

Re: JTs 4-handed

Why are there three question marks in your post? I don't think that there should be any.

Victor 12-20-2005 04:41 AM

i would play it the same. i would think about betting the river then decide not to generally.

Nick C 12-20-2005 05:52 AM

It looks good to me.

I like the flop call because you may have the best hand (though you probably don't).

I like the turn bet, because the chances just went up that you are in fact up against a draw (though a scared king or ten you're losing to is also possible).

That's a lousy river card, and I like checking behind.

private joker 12-20-2005 05:55 AM

OK everyone, so what if the flop contained the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? What's your line on each street then?

Nick C 12-20-2005 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK everyone, so what if the flop contained the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? What's your line on each street then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play the flop and turn the same way.

I would probably also play the river the same way, but I'd wonder if I should be betting instead, partly as a bluff.

Nick Royale 12-20-2005 08:04 AM

I don't think bluffing this river is an option. I think we'll fold a K very rarely and then the only value from a bluff is hoping villain has QT or JT and is able to fold them. A valuebet certainly isn't an option judging from the read.

bobbyi 12-20-2005 02:14 PM

This sees good to me.

dave44 12-20-2005 06:27 PM

I wanna raise this flop. Does the fact that this hand is live and this guy looks "dumb" make him that much more likely to be betting a king?

jskills 12-21-2005 09:39 AM

I could be wrong, but isn't this a good spot to raise the flop for you?

The rest looks fine.