Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can't install Cryptos w/o Admin rights - help! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308241)

KnickNut3 08-05-2005 03:30 AM

Can\'t install Cryptos w/o Admin rights - help!

Hello. I'm studying in Australia for the semester without a personal computer. After thinking that I would have to abandon whoring for 4 1/2 months, I finally found a lab with powerful machines, restricted login access, personal hard drive space and low access restrictions. I'm able to install Party Poker, etc. without problems on my personal space.

However, whenever I try to install a crypto, I get the error message "Failed to register UA! Contact software vendor." Well, from Googling apparently it's because I don't have administrator access on these computers (which I don't and can't get). Any way to figure out a workaround to get this to work? I'm already going through withdrawal and can't go 4 more months without at least hitting up the easy Crypto monthlies! Wink

Anyway, without berating me about the danger of playing online on public computers, does anyone have any ideas on how to get these cryptos on my machine? I figured fellow whores would be most likely to share my pain and empathize. Thanks so much...

KnickNut3

cwes 08-05-2005 05:35 AM

Re: Can\'t install Cryptos w/o Admin rights - help!

Can you talk the admin into installing VirtualPC or VMWare on one of those computers? You most likely need it for running your personal db server and doing some statistical analysis [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Barry_G 08-05-2005 10:47 AM

I get this same error for all the cryptos on my desktop. Still haven't been able to download any of them.

o0mr_bill0o 08-05-2005 12:46 PM

it might be possible to just copy the folder from a computer where it's already installed.

KnickNut3 08-07-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it might be possible to just copy the folder from a computer where it's already installed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone tried this? I'd have to get it sent to me from home in the States, so I'll only get family to do it if it's worked before...

KnickNut3 08-09-2005 03:54 AM

Help is appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cwes 08-09-2005 11:23 AM

Doesn't work. Did you read my post above?

KnickNut3 08-09-2005 08:46 PM

Sorry, cwes. Tried that but no luck. Just trying to find another workaround.

tubalkain 08-09-2005 09:13 PM

You're not going to be able to install without admin rights. One thing I've heard of is a bootable XP Pre-Install Environment CD that you might be able to create with the Cryptos already installed. When you want to play, you'd just put the CD in, reboot and go.

I'll look into this and get back to you.

cwes 08-10-2005 06:42 PM

Well, then let's try something else.

Do you have a computer at home with Windows XP installed?