Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA In CO To Raise & Cold-Call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390318)

IggyWH 12-03-2005 01:00 AM

AA In CO To Raise & Cold-Call

MP2 & MP3 is the same are new to the table with only a couple hands played so no real read on either.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 ($99.75)
Hero ($165.10)
Button ($201.15)
SB ($75.15)
BB ($123.53)
UTG ($204.47)
UTG+1 ($129.95)
UTG+2 ($86.60)
MP1 ($12.86)
MP2 ($84.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $4</font>, MP3 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $6, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($25.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($25.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($45.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $45.50

yvesaint 12-03-2005 01:01 AM

Re: AA In CO To Raise & Cold-Call

ugh man, raise more pre-flop, bet the flop, bet the flop, bet the flop!!!

ajmargarine 12-03-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loc:
1990 hands w/o AA

[/ QUOTE ]

After this hand, probably deservedly so.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

IggyWH 12-03-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you suggest? I scared one off with incredible odds to call. I wanted to give good odds to call considering I had position.

Also, why bet that flop? I have a dominating hand and position on the guy. Only possible draws were guts. I felt most likely a bet meant he was folding for sure, and why would I want anyone to fold when I flopped a set of aces with no real draws?

orange 12-03-2005 01:15 AM

Betting this flop inflates it for later streets. You should always want a bigger pot with sets/flushes/etc, so by the end, you will gain more value.

yvesaint 12-03-2005 01:16 AM

how are you going to make any money if you never bet or raise? if you dont bet or raise a set of aces here, or even on the turn, what hands DO you bet or raise? sheesh use that bet button!

what do i suggest?

raise more pre-flop, bet the flop, bet the flop, bet the flop!!!

stu-unger 12-03-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you suggest? I scared one off with incredible odds to call. I wanted to give good odds to call considering I had position.

Also, why bet that flop? I have a dominating hand and position on the guy. Only possible draws were guts. I felt most likely a bet meant he was folding for sure, and why would I want anyone to fold when I flopped a set of aces with no real draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet the flop because i want to play a big pot in which there are big bets. i dont want to get a $10 bet out of the villain and check down...

Bukem_ 12-03-2005 01:19 AM

Its a shame that your bet/raise button was disabled once the flop came.

Otherwise you make some more money.

IggyWH 12-03-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting this flop inflates it for later streets. You should always want a bigger pot with sets/flushes/etc, so by the end, you will gain more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, I understand. Considering this is 100NL though and I'm occupying 3 of 4 possible Aces, I see a bet here causing nothing more than an easy fold for MP2.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

teamdonkey 12-03-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop - if MP2/MP3 have pocket pairs, your small raise makes it correct for them to call. Raise more and try to get them to make a mistake. If they both fold, so what? 9.5 BBs uncontested isn't a bad result for AA.

flop check is ok i think for the reasons you mentioned. Aside from a set of 10s or the case ace, who is calling a bet here? What hand villain is open raising with are you afraid of giving a free card to? I'd love to build a huge pot here with the nuts as much as the next guy, but in this spot villain is almost always going to fold to your flop bet. Giving him a low risk chance to catch up isn't a bad option.

on this turn card i'm raising.