Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ace rag in the blinds - facing raise - line here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396670)

jackdaniels 12-12-2005 07:21 AM

Ace rag in the blinds - facing raise - line here?

MP1 is typical ABC - so 88-AA, big Ace, 2 broadway here.
Button is a wild man. 90% of last 50 hands seen (crazy stuff like 62s at that). Any 2 here, but would definitly re-raise with a premium hand.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
2 folds, MP1 raises, 3 folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero???

Is this an easy fold? What if I have A8o? How About A3s?

WillMagic 12-12-2005 07:55 AM

Re: Ace rag in the blinds - facing raise - line here?

I fold, but calling can't be awful, because I call if I'm suited.

Will

Webster 12-12-2005 08:23 AM

I would fold also.

crunchy1 12-12-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
What if I have A8o?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
How About A3s?

[/ QUOTE ]
This one I think is close - and really depends on how well you play post-flop compared to MP Villian. I think you also need to factor in how bad the button plays after the flop. He may limp/cold-call 62o PF - but is he going to release right away if he doesn't hit something?

12-12-2005 01:04 PM

A3o, easy fold.

A3s, I'd call.

toss 12-12-2005 02:36 PM

You'd fold because you're looking to hit an Ace on the flop here and you risk domination. A3s is a call because the flush possibilty help that much.

jackdaniels 12-12-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd fold because you're looking to hit an Ace on the flop here and you risk domination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this was my thinking when I was deciding what to do. In fact, this is my general sense unless I am facing what is likely a steal raise. As to someone above that inquired about my post-flop play compared to original raiser: While I feel like I could run circles around both players after the flop, I would likely have to play this WA/WB if I did flop an Ace (because I knew what he is capable of raising with), therefore I opted to fold this.

I agree with the general consensus that a suited A leans more towards a call (still playing it WA/WB if all I get is an Ace on the flop) while an unsuited Ace (below AT) is prolly asking for trouble.

SenecaJim 12-12-2005 03:34 PM

I HATE Axo hands. Of course, never play outside blinds and in blinds I yearn for a raise so I can fold the poison.

lozen 12-12-2005 03:35 PM

If it was MP3 or later I call Bit I lay this down.

crunchy1 12-12-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to someone above that inquired about my post-flop play compared to original raiser: While I feel like I could run circles around both players after the flop, I would likely have to play this WA/WB if I did flop an Ace (because I knew what he is capable of raising with), therefore I opted to fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this line would be fine. However, if that's the only line that you have in the situation where you flop an ace - I wouldn't say that you're running circles around those players after the flop.