Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   DERB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370404)

mex78753 11-02-2005 03:00 PM

Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
Loijzka plays like Erik1234.

-or--

Loijzka plays like steve95

--or---

Loijzka plays like MaxMuller

discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

if derb really is erik sagstrom than that would deffinately explain why he's so damn good post-flop and why he doesnt need to play conventional 2+2 pre-flop. From what I understand he's a consistent 300/600 winner on many sites.

NLSoldier 11-02-2005 03:02 PM

OMG unlock the original DERB thread. It was like my favorite thread ever. uggh!

Nigel 11-02-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
than that would deffinately explain why he's so damn good post-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples of this post-flop brilliance please.

1800GAMBLER 11-02-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG unlock the original DERB thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

stoxtrader 11-02-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the camp that said DERB was probably a loser against the solid players who recognize him for what he is, but that he destroys the weak players to a much greater degree than a more straightforward player like myself might.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the camp i was referring too. I would like to be able play like thim. Evidently there are not to many "solid players" at party 30 (I disagree), though, because he is arguably one of the biggest winners in that game.

Voltron87 11-02-2005 03:10 PM

can someone tell me what the result of this was? half a year later some conclusions must have been drawn.

stoxtrader 11-02-2005 03:11 PM

saying he is "obviously a huge winner"

and

"his style should be easy to emulate"

is a contradiction. the analysis is not easy or straightforward. for now I will wait and see, just pick apart other's posts El Diablo style, rather than write my opinion on the whole matter. (though my opinion is evident, just not what I think the why and how is)

His style of play could fill a book.

mex78753 11-02-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
than that would deffinately explain why he's so damn good post-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples of this post-flop brilliance please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he's pulled crazy runner-runner, cap all the way and win on the river crap (according to you anyway), but he's a great overall post-flop player from some of the railing i've done at 3/6.

sorry no hh's

Schneids 11-02-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-or--

--or---

discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Steve95 in the same league as those other two should be a crime against humanity. I have no substantial amount of hands vs DERB but I from what I read about his style of play, he sounds similar to Steve95 except Steve doesn't make as many stupid payoffs (but counters with plenty of stupid aggression when it's obvious he's beat). I think the difference between Steve and Erik/Max is those two are tenfold better hand readers.

stoxtrader 11-02-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-or--

--or---

discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Steve95 in the same league as those other two should be a crime against humanity. I have no substantial amount of hands vs DERB but I from what I read about his style of play, he sounds similar to Steve95 except Steve doesn't make as many stupid payoffs (but counters with plenty of stupid aggression when it's obvious he's beat). I think the difference between Steve and Erik/Max is those two are tenfold better hand readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not (necessarily) grouping those 4 players together as of equal ability or winrate. Please dont assume I am.