Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Question about Cano's baserunning (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354898)

Matt Williams 10-10-2005 10:30 PM

Question about Cano\'s baserunning

Why was Cano called out on interference? I understand having to "run inside the box", but considering the box is on the outside of the foul line and the base is on the inside, how is this possible? It's not like Cano changed direction to try to interfere.

10-10-2005 10:33 PM

Re: Question about Cano\'s baserunning

You are supposed to run in foul territory, and touch the bag with your left foot when running out a single. You cannot have your body in fair territory. It's just another example of poor fundamentals coming from the $200M dollar baseball team. Dumbest players $$ can buy.

Matt Williams 10-10-2005 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are supposed to run in foul territory, and touch the bag with your left foot when running out a single. You cannot have your body in fair territory. It's just another example of poor fundamentals coming from the $200M dollar baseball team. Dumbest players $$ can buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee can you make it more obvious who you are rooting for? Even McCarver said that if Cano was outside the line, it would have interfered more than the way he ran.

10-10-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee can you make it more obvious who you are rooting for? Even McCarver said that if Cano was outside the line, it would have interfered more than the way he ran.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? McCarver would only say something like that to make it look like the Angels got away with something.

Go to your local baseball fields and consult a little-leaguer about the rule, if you are further perplexed.

GuyOnTilt 10-10-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Go to your local baseball fields and consult a little-leaguer about the rule, if you are further perplexed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, STFU. Seriously.

GoT

Matt Williams 10-10-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, STFU. Seriously.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you can't have an intelligent conversation about a Yankee game with a Yankee hater. Had Cano been 2 feet inside or changed his running path, I wouldn't even be asking this question. But it looks to me that as soon as Cano struck out, he just ran down the line as fast as he could.

GuyOnTilt 10-10-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, STFU. Seriously.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you can't have an intelligent conversation about a Yankee game with a Yankee hater. Had Cano been 2 feet inside or changed his running path, I wouldn't even be asking this question. But it looks to me that as soon as Cano struck out, he just ran down the line as fast as he could.

[/ QUOTE ]
The throw went exactly where it should've. Erstad was set up outside which is completely wrong and Cano probably didn't want a collision and so shifted his path slightly toward the inside. It should've been a no-call IMO, and I don't care too much who wins this game but have found myself rooting against the Yankees slightly for some reason. If the 1B sets up outside it's his own damn fault if he's not able to make a play on the ball.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka 10-10-2005 11:19 PM

nice assesment GoT, I agree completely.

Matt Williams 10-10-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice assesment GoT, I agree completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. That was the whole reason I asked. Obviously on a play like A-Rod did last year would be called interference, but w/ Cano I wasn't sure.

10-10-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, STFU. Seriously.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

hell no. The guy is asking about a rule that 4 year olds know. As if the ump made a bad call?? This is supposed to be a rookie of the year candidate and he runs in the base path?