Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU vs CaptZeemaster, actual content (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386193)

cardsharkk04 11-27-2005 03:38 PM

HU vs CaptZeemaster, actual content

2 Hands vs one of the best players on this forum. 1st one was right after capt took me out with JQ(I could be tilty). We both have 2k. He raised up to 80 and I call from the button with 10 8 off. Flop is 688 (i think), two diamonds. He bets pots, I bump it up to 450, he calls. Now I'm deciding whether I should bet around 800 or just push the turn if it isn't a diamond. I absolutely would hate a diamond (and zeebo prob can't fold a good draw), so when the 9c hit the turn I just shove the rest in. Do you think it better to bet less on the turn, and if so, will you fold to diamond hitting and a zeebo push?

Hand 2. This one is actually 3 way, 2k stacks. He raises to 80 from the button, which could be anything. I call with A 7 off. Flop is something like A J 6, two diamonds. He pots it, I call. turn is the ace of diamonds. I check he pots it again and I call? River is a blank, I check, he pushes, I fold. I hated this hand. Should I fold the turn?

11-27-2005 03:41 PM

Re: HU vs CaptZeemaster, actual content

You lost major value on the first hand by pushing, I would have bet less.

The second hand you should have called.

Ulysses 11-27-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 Hands vs one of the best players on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who were these hands against? And I don't get the subject - what does this thread have to do w/ CaptainZeebo?

cardsharkk04 11-27-2005 03:46 PM

It was me playing Captzeebo
You missed my other thread (its locked now)

Garland 11-27-2005 04:00 PM

Hand #1, by my count, there's about $1060 in the pot and your remaining stacks are $1470 each.

It's doubtful that he's going to call any decent sized bet on the turn as you are pot committed, so a shove isn't bad.

Hand #2. Easy river call. If you were going to fold (and I'm not saying you should), then you had to make that decision on the turn.

Garland

flawless_victory 11-27-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2. Easy river call. If you were going to fold (and I'm not saying you should), then you had to make that decision on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally diagree w/ this.

Garland 11-27-2005 04:08 PM

Read too fast....missed that turn made a flush, which changes the dynamic. Yeah, the river is either a fold or a blocking bet.

Garland

flawless_victory 11-27-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the river is a blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
gl w/ that.

punter11235 11-27-2005 05:52 PM

AK I raise preflop, one caller. Flop : AJ6 PSB, call, AJ6x PSB call. AJ6xx PSB call, Villain shows A7 and I take the pot --->>> Villain buddy listed.

Kripke 11-27-2005 06:19 PM

And you missed Diablo's obvious sarcasm.