Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Withdrawing from neteller overseas... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324787)

ArturiusX 08-28-2005 10:15 PM

Withdrawing from neteller overseas...

I'll keep it short. I need $500, and my neteller account is the only place that can provide me with that. But the problem is, I live in Australia. If I accept a check, it'll take years to get here and about 3 weeks to clear. I don't have that kind of time.

So I need to withdraw. What are my options? The neteller site is very vague. How can I get this money to me asap? Anyone know any tricks?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cactus Cactus 08-28-2005 10:25 PM

Re: Withdrawing from neteller overseas...

not answering your question but just to tell you, I am from the US and tried to withdraw from costa rica and they closed my account so make sure you contact them first

speirs 08-29-2005 01:08 AM

I guess you do not have the Neteller debit card already? Because then you'll have your cash in 10 minutes.

Mr_J 08-29-2005 01:17 AM

I'm from aus and use the neteller debit card. Very quick, beats the banks forcing you to make a term deposit (I got 45 days my last foreign currency cheque).

Mr_J 08-29-2005 01:18 AM

BTW, fed-ex gets the cheque here in 2-3 days [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Only takes 'years' if you go with the el cheapo snail mail post.

08-29-2005 03:21 AM

I use a debit card. Quick and handy but on average it costs around 5%-6% in fees. For some reason, Neteller converts USD into CAD when loading the debit card ...

trentcroad 08-29-2005 03:58 AM

I'm from Australia and it doesnt even take long for the Debit card to be sent to you. Prob faster then a cheque.

Granite 08-29-2005 04:40 AM

I'm in Oz as well, Neteller card is the way I withdraw too, although I get royally screwed by exchange rates. My Neteller account is in pounds, I deposit to it and it gets converted into Canadian for the card, it then gets converted into Aussie Dollars when I withdraw.

Anyone know of a better way for Australia, or am I stuck with the card?

Cheers,
Granite

08-29-2005 04:56 AM

I live in Europe and experience the same thing; Neteller converting USD into CAD and only then into Euro's.
Did you know that if you send then an e-mail in which you complain that you have to pay both a 2% comission fee and lose money because of the currency conversion, that they will do you a refund of some of the costs? They do it for me every time, it doesn't cover all the costs but it's better than nothing...

_And1_ 08-29-2005 05:25 AM

Neteller have bank wire, try it out.. cash on your account in a jiffy...