Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Maybe interesting hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360355)

Trix 10-18-2005 06:47 PM

Maybe interesting hand

6-handed 15/30 table.

UTG limps(55/8/1.8(over 100 hands)), MP limps(48/0/0.8(100 hands too)), CO limps(60/9/0.7(few hands)), BTN limps(38/11/2(few hands)), SB folds, I check 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check(Should I bet ?), UTG checks, MP bets, CO folds, BTN calls, I call.

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I check(Should I bet?), UTG bets !?, MP folds, BTN folds, I call.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I check, intending to call.

I´d like comments on what is the best action on the flop and also whether it´s better to check or bet the turn after the flop check-call.
When I check the turn and UTG bets out, I think I have a fairly easy calldown, so unless you disagree, you can ignore the action from there.

baronzeus 10-18-2005 06:50 PM

Re: Maybe interesting hand

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i raise the turn i think. would UTG play a 8 like this? usually ppl check/raise those on the turn. you have plenty of equity, i think you are ahead a large % too.

lautzutao 10-18-2005 07:29 PM

I'm kinda new to SH so bear with me[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Why aren't we betting this flop?

joker122 10-18-2005 07:34 PM

i understand your hand is weak and your equity will be much more firmly established on the turn and all that, but i just bet the flop and see what happens.

Trix 10-18-2005 09:20 PM

Think you are right about that, but what about the action before that ?

Schizo 10-20-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
:D

i raise the turn i think. would UTG play a 8 like this? usually ppl check/raise those on the turn. you have plenty of equity, i think you are ahead a large % too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would UTG check raise that on the turn when he bet the flop and he's OOP?

baronzeus 10-20-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
:D

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would UTG check raise that on the turn when he bet the flop and he's OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

utg didnt bet the flop

baronzeus 10-20-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think you are right about that, but what about the action before that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i just lead here. i generally dont like these sorts of flops checked through.

Schizo 10-20-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

utg didnt bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'm blind.

Poldi 10-20-2005 04:25 AM

I lead the flop here and always wonder how to continue if I get raised. If its headsup then I sometimes bet-fold the turn but that feels pretty bad.
I am bad in handling these situations so more input would be cool.