Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Texas is a big ass state (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330038)

sammysusar 09-05-2005 11:22 AM

Texas is a big ass state

Discuss.

jakethebake 09-05-2005 11:24 AM

Re: Texas is a big ass state

You just discovered Texas?

touchfaith 09-05-2005 11:25 AM

Yes, and in addition to the asses, they have big misquitos and roachs too.

But they are steping up to help their neighbor bigtime, so I have placed a hold on Texas bashing for the time.

jakethebake 09-05-2005 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and in addition to the asses, they have big misquitos and roachs too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot big hair.

STLantny 09-05-2005 11:27 AM

The stars at night, are big and bright.
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!

-PeeWee Herman

jakethebake 09-05-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

- General Phil Sheridan<font color="white">...with that said, I was born a Texan and I'll die one. Wherever I am, my heart is there. It maybe be hell to some, but it'll always be heaven to me. </font>

mslif 09-05-2005 11:33 AM

I drove through it when I moved from Florida to Colorado and I thought it would never end.

speirs 09-05-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

- General Phil Sheridan

[/ QUOTE ]
nh

DarkForceRising 09-05-2005 12:01 PM

I had to make a delivery to Mc Allen once. The ride from San Antonio south was beautiful. The funny thing was that every person I talked to down there had never been anywhere else except for Oklahoma and Mexico. On the way back I checked out the coast and worked my way up to Galveston. Pretty cool town but I couldn't believe the sludge between the sand and the water on the beach and the trash in the water itself.

For those familiar with Galveston, I stayed in that hotel that is out over the water.

But, yeah, that is one big-ass state. Nice people and cool scenery, though. One of these days I'd like to really check it out- especially the western part.

jakethebake 09-05-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had to make a delivery to Mc Allen once. The ride from San Antonio south was beautiful. The funny thing was that every person I talked to down there had never been anywhere else except for Oklahoma and Mexico. On the way back I checked out the coast and worked my way up to Galveston. Pretty cool town but I couldn't believe the sludge between the sand and the water on the beach and the trash in the water itself.

For those familiar with Galveston, I stayed in that hotel that is out over the water.

But, yeah, that is one big-ass state. Nice people and cool scenery, though. One of these days I'd like to really check it out- especially the western part.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the Flagship Hotel. I don't know when you were there, but they've mostly cleaned up the oil sludge on Galveston, as well as the trash. However, they've also made a decision to leave the seaweed on the beaches because it helps prevent erosion. There's just tons of it and it's pretty nasty. South Padre is much nicer, especially in the offseason.