Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Time to Give Poker Superstars 2 Another Chance? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324395)

Dynasty 08-28-2005 06:43 AM

Time to Give Poker Superstars 2 Another Chance?

With the fast-paced/large blinds early matches completed, it may be worth checking out Poker Superstars II on Sunday night when the "playoffs" start.

From what I gathered, there will be four players per table/episode rather than six. That alone will ensure marginally better action.

mscott2374 08-28-2005 07:43 AM

Re: Time to Give Poker Superstars 2 Another Chance?

I may be in the minority, but i actually like Poker Superstars II. The format seems pretty close to that of a STT

benkahuna 08-28-2005 11:55 AM

Sexton wrote that due to the structure of this stage of the tournament, there were major play issues. Mainly, you had to get people to lose matches in a particular order to advance, sometimes requiring you to fold the nuts. Since there were a small number of matches, many people ended up not playing good poker, but trying to make the players in a tournament go out in a particular order. Mike mentoins the issue and suggest a solution in this article.

I'm not really clear why 4 handed play would be so much better than 6 handed play. What are you hoping to see here?

Walter Pullis 08-28-2005 01:04 PM

Frankly, 4 handed will simply produce more all-ins with everyone else folding pre-flop or "first bet wins" post-flop. There is nothing much else you can do 4 handed with wired 9's for example.

Paradigm 08-28-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you hoping to see here?

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of all ins with king high

trying2learn 08-28-2005 01:22 PM

I heard from some of the guys who put the show together that it does get quite a bit better from here in...now that's coming from people with an agenda, but none-the-less, I'll be checking it out in hopes that they're telling the truth.

Kevmath 08-28-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard from some of the guys who put the show together that it does get quite a bit better from here in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are Rose/Konik being replaced by Vasgersian/Lederer?

08-28-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, 4 handed will simply produce more all-ins with everyone else folding pre-flop or "first bet wins" post-flop. There is nothing much else you can do 4 handed with wired 9's for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it won't be much different than 90% of ESPN's poker coverage. It's not the WPT, but I'll take what I can get.

trying2learn 08-28-2005 06:15 PM

the people i know aren't the fox people - and that's who'd make that decision.

i know mori, who works with henry - the guys who put it together along with the heads up championship, etc...i could ask him, but we'll know by tonight whether or not that's the case.

by the way - i hope that's correct, that would be MUCH better.

benkahuna 08-28-2005 06:27 PM

Todd Brunson told me in person that it gets much better. I told him I enjoyed watching him play in it just before the main event got going.