Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Should be standard, did I play it like that? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391909)

Peter 12-05-2005 03:30 PM

Should be standard, did I play it like that?

I feel this should be a pretty standard hand, but I'm really not sure if I played it correctly.
Opponent is 38/18.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Peter is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Peter calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Peter calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Peter calls.

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Peter calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

MarkD 12-05-2005 03:35 PM

Re: Should be standard, did I play it like that?

I like every street here. This is how I would play it.

wackjob 12-05-2005 03:41 PM

standard for me too(the way you played it, that is)

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 04:08 PM

What would you want to do differently? I don't even see any options here.

Peter 12-05-2005 05:46 PM

I've been playing so much lately without trying to learn, that even standard hands make me unsure.

What if the river is a blank, I just call?

Peter

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if the river is a blank, I just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

climber 12-05-2005 05:59 PM

yeah totally normal...

Peter 12-05-2005 06:07 PM

Thanks all for the reassurance. I guess the fact that I would just be calling all the way if a blank falls on the river made me feel a little unsatisfied.

Peter

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all for the reassurance. I guess the fact that I would just be calling all the way if a blank falls on the river made me feel a little unsatisfied.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you thinking of doing differently? Although this is standard, it is good to know what you were thinking of doing, and why it might be wrong.

Raising the flop?
Raising the turn?
Folding the river?
Raising the river UI?
Folding to the 3-bet?

Please choose which you think you might do, and we can talk about why they are bad.

MarkD 12-05-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you thinking of doing differently? Although this is standard, it is good to know what you were thinking of doing, and why it might be wrong.

Raising the flop?
Raising the turn?
Folding the river?
Raising the river UI?
Folding to the 3-bet?

Please choose which you think you might do, and we can talk about why they are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of people raise this flop and then do this:
- if villian just calls the raise they proceed to bet the turn and the river.
- if villian 3-bets the raise then they decide the villian has an ace and they call the flop and check/fold the turn unimproved (the diamond is an imrpovment), or they think the villian is on the flush draw and they either cap it and lead the turn or they stop and go.

I'm not saying that I would raise the flop here but a lot of people would.