Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   buying real estate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356077)

daryn 10-12-2005 11:50 AM

buying real estate

need some info on buying a house/condo

can you just walk into a real estate office and start asking questions? i am kind of a bum, i don't see myself fitting in. also nobody in their right mind would give me a loan due to having no job but what if parents co-sign? should it be no problem after that or could i still run into trouble?

let's put it this way, what is step #1?

peachy 10-12-2005 11:54 AM

Re: buying real estate

making urself not look like a bum so u CAN go into an office

zephed 10-12-2005 11:55 AM

Walk in and light fire to 100K, and let them know you still have the bankroll for 30/60.

EDIT: Yes I'm being a tool, but you'll get tons of other helpful replies I'm sure.

nyc999 10-12-2005 11:56 AM

Get your finances together and shop around for a mortgage pre-approval. You can't start looking until you know what you can afford.

Once you have done that, approach a few real estate agents and let them know what you are looking for. Doesn't matter what you look like, etc. - if you have a pre-approval for a certain amount, they will certainly start looking.

SomethingClever 10-12-2005 11:56 AM

Get a mortgage broker that you trust (recommendation from family or friends) and start looking into getting pre-approved.

You'll easily be able to get a loan, because you have tons of cash, no? You may have to get a stated income loan, which is like half a point higher than standard, but no biggie.

Then, once you're pre-approved, you'll probably want to get a good realtor, who can start scouting properties for you.

***I can't emphasize this enough***

Make sure your mortgage broker and realtor are trustworthy.

Xelent 10-12-2005 11:57 AM

Assuming your parents make a good living and have good credit, and I am guessing they with such marvelous offspring (lol), if they were to co-sign, you would most likely have zero trouble and it would be as if it was their credit.

samjjones 10-12-2005 11:57 AM

Yep. Before that, I'd probably ask around to see if any of my friends know a good/trustworthy real estate agent. If you are referred from a past client, the odds are you will be treated better. If you don't have a job, how are you going to afford a place? Do you have liquid savings? They are definitely going to judge your ability to pay.

daryn 10-12-2005 11:58 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Walk in and light fire to 100K, and let them know you still have the bankroll for 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just use that as down payment?

Xelent 10-12-2005 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just use that as down payment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that would be plain stupid. Just light the money on fire idiot.

daryn 10-12-2005 11:59 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
making urself not look like a bum so u CAN go into an office

[/ QUOTE ]

any way to make this a peachy-less thread? ty