Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How much do you need for a poker trip? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283395)

CripAces 06-30-2005 01:32 AM

How much do you need for a poker trip?

In the next couple weeks I am looking to go to vegas from a wends to a sun. I plan on mostly playing 100 max NL games. I was wondering how much would be a good amount to take for the trip?

mosquito 06-30-2005 01:33 AM

Re: How much do you need for a poker trip?

No more than you are willing to lose.

CripAces 06-30-2005 01:39 AM

yeah, well under no conditions would I take more that I wanted to loose. Would a full bankroll be the answer of around 30 buy ins? That seems much, what would a better number be?

Edge34 06-30-2005 01:57 AM

It really depends on how much you intend to play, and at that, how many sessions.

I'm going to Vegas for the first time from the 6th to the 10th, and I'm probably only going to bring about a grand, maybe 1500 for gambling. Probably playing anything from 4-8 to 8-16, don't know if there are any 10-20 games. I'll also be hitting up the 100 max NLs on occasion.

Of course, you'll have to drag me out of the bars too... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

sucka 06-30-2005 02:04 AM

I'd think you could get by on $1500 for 5 days. Guess it depends on how goot you are! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Don't forget your Party Poker hat and sunglasses. You don't want to be the odd man out at the table. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

jaydoggie 06-30-2005 02:13 AM

im experiencing the same dillema. im going to be out there for 10 days. 4th-14th. im a microlimit player online. my br is around 4k. thinking about bringing 1500?

oh well, just make a huge score the first thing you play and then money wont be an issue.

ThinkQuick 06-30-2005 03:44 AM

Is there any kind of generalized "per hour" BR required for limit games?
How much do you bring if you intend to play a lot of 5/10?

SamIAm 06-30-2005 11:14 AM

If you're a winning player, of course there's no "per hour" bankroll requirement. If you're a winning player, in the long run you'll MAKE money, so you won't need more money the longer you're gonna play. We're just talking about short-term losses, here.

The numbers most people throw-around for long-term bankroll is 300BB. That's a whole lot. That's the number you'd need if it was all you had, and you'd stop playing if you lost it. That's not necessarily what to put in your pocket on the plane. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When I played $4/$8 spread for 36 hours of play, I brought $500 in my pocket and left $500 in my checking account. Figured I'd pay ATM fees if I needed to, but till then I'd use cash.

Losing 25BB in a session is easy. If you have a bad night, 50 isn't out of the question. If I did that, I wanted to still be able to play. Twice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

YMMV.
-Sam

KenProspero 06-30-2005 11:14 AM

ummmmmmmmm $100, then play off your winnings? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CripAces 06-30-2005 01:06 PM

You discovered my secret plan. Keep it quiet I don't want other peopel to find out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]