Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   MTH (new SNG feature!) and Ergonomics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396622)

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 04:11 AM

MTH (new SNG feature!) and Ergonomics

MTH has just eliminated 90% of my SNG stress by automatically opening tables for me. When I saw the feature, I had to try it for the first time today.

I used to think MTH was just for lazy people who didn't want to use 2 monitors, but now I am finding it much more usable than any AHK script.

I played a few sets with it today, and they went great. I did most of the work with 4 buttons and the numpad. At some points though, I did have to take over with the mouse.

I'm recovering from RSI, and tools like this are helping a lot. Can anyone suggest a good ergonomic setup to use this? I'm thinking of getting maybe some kind of simple gamepad that only needs to have 4 buttons and a small numerical keypad, or maybe just a small programmable numerical keypad.

BTW, after trying over $500 in pointing devices, I switched to the Evoluent vertical mouse, and I'm loving it.

curtains 12-12-2005 04:27 AM

Re: MTH (new SNG feature!) and Ergonomics

Whats MTH?

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 04:29 AM

http://www.multitablehelper.com/

And the thread in the software forum:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4031666

Apparently, there is voice recognition that I should try out too . . .

roundest 12-12-2005 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-Table Helper. It's quite handy.

http://www.multitablehelper.com/

I'm slow. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

SuitedSixes 12-12-2005 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.multitablehelper.com

Check out the software forum, it was written by a 2+2er. You tell it how many SNGs you want to open and it will to it for you (except for checking the buy-in box).

It has voice recognition capability. It is slick.

Newt_Buggs 12-12-2005 04:37 AM

This program looks great. I'm going to be out of town for a while, but when I get back I'm definitly trying it out.

FieryJustice 12-12-2005 04:42 AM

I have used it just a little, mainly to 20 table. The only problem I had with it was it gave me a headache, i tihnk from my eyes jumping back and forth to view the cards. I guess this could be fixed by sitting in the same spot every time. Also, the open table thing works pretty well but sometimes it just stops opening them. It is like it cant find a game or something. Also, it sits you in a random seat, which sucks, but I guess it would be pretty hard to make it sit in the "best" seat. Besides those 2 problems, it works great.

curtains 12-12-2005 04:43 AM

Well one thing is it needs to not sit you in seat 4, that seat is a disaster.

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 04:44 AM

I made the table_options.bmp file in my images folder 1x1 pixels, and it solves the seat 4 problem.

These are the options I use with it:
Mark active table with boarder, Color Red, 6 px
Move cursor to active table
Enable keyboard controls.

All of the table arrangement options are OFF, and Flashing boarder is OFF.

This makes it just like 8 tabling before, except i can now hit "F" to fold if I want to and "P" to push. I still have to move the tables around with my mouse. Hitting "F" a million times for the first 2 levels is much easier for me than clicking all around.

I'm shopping for some kind of stupid programmable 4 button pad now...

pergesu 12-12-2005 04:46 AM

Can you choose what seat it puts you in? I like sitting in seat 9.

Bluff Daddy 12-12-2005 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just change the table options button in the image files to 1x1 pixels

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 04:55 AM

No, we need to ask for this feature. I think we also want it to auto-click the confirm box to start a sng.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you choose what seat it puts you in? I like sitting in seat 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 04:56 AM

Is there an echo in this thread? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

pergesu 12-12-2005 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this do?

handsome 12-12-2005 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty. now I'm not afraid to sit in Seat 4 anymore.

Bluff Daddy 12-12-2005 05:12 AM

instead of having all of the images pop up saying you have options at table28943 that covers your chip amount when youre sitting in seat 4 you wont see anything

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 05:17 AM

Ok, this will be hilarious. Here is a button-to-keyboardstrokes interface. I need a big red button for "fold" and a green button for "push":

http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys/xkswi.php

12-12-2005 05:56 AM

www.ergodex.com

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 06:49 AM

I think an awesome ergodex setup would be to use 8 buttons to control an AHK script to hit the fold checkbox, 10 buttons for a keypad, and 4 for fold,check,bet,push on the MTH active table. Has anyone actually tried this. Search shows some talk, but no updates of field tests.

pergesu 12-12-2005 07:03 AM

Man this thing rules so freakin hard. Seriously, it feels like I'm one tabling just a little faster. The only real problems I have with 6+ tabling is keeping track of what's going on. This is super sweet.

I made a couple suggestions in the thread..if those happen this ish'd be perfect.

zaphod 12-12-2005 07:16 AM

I was planning to make a post telling how great the MTH is here in the SNG forum.
I love the program. I currently only use my keyboard. Left is check/fold, down is check/call and right is the good old push. For actually entering the amount i want to raise, i use the numbers, and space for confirming my bet. Works great. MTH is highly recommended!

OrcaDK 12-12-2005 07:20 AM

Thanks all, i'll see if i can make some kind of seat preference and auto buyin functionality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

swiftrhett 12-12-2005 07:21 AM

Are you using AHK with this too? How do you get the arrow to be check and fold? I'd really like an AHK script to use 8 buttons to hit the fold checkbox for me.

zaphod 12-12-2005 07:30 AM

Oops. My mistake. Left is only fold. And no, i am only using MTH.

kreutz000 12-12-2005 08:06 AM

I see a lot of people only using the keyboard and using AHK scripts and whatnot. Doesn't this alarm party's bot detection?

tigerite 12-12-2005 08:14 AM

Nope, it does not.

12-12-2005 08:24 AM

Awesome. I was looking for something like this.

EnderFFX 12-12-2005 09:27 AM

I can't wait to try this. I'm looking for a tool that just opens up the games and signs up for me and I'll handle the rest with the mouse.

Currently uninstalling Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta. (been at it 5 hours, fun stuff) so i can reinstall the .NEt stuff so this will work.

SuitedSixes 12-12-2005 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all, i'll see if i can make some kind of seat preference and auto buyin functionality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orca-

Any way for it to keep X amount of tables always open; to open the appropriate amount as soon as you win one?

Freudian 12-12-2005 01:31 PM

Personally I hate it. Have used it for one set and ended on five tables with three multitablers each, often in poor position.

I'll take the small inconveniance of refreshing tables to keep the option of not only if I want to sit down but also where I want to sit.

12-12-2005 01:50 PM

I just tried it out, and in the lapse of 5 minutes I accomplished the following:
• Minraising 35o utg
• Folded AA to all limpers preflop
• Cold called a raise with J4o OOP

I obviously dont have the skill to use a program like this :O

Degen 12-12-2005 01:54 PM

i'm on my laptop and i bought a USB number pad for it

most of the time i just have this thing in my lap and i have all the keys programmed on it...if it gets hectic i use the mouse...this works uber good for anybody laptopping it

when i used my PC i had space bar as fold, that worked v v good

12-12-2005 05:31 PM

Eh.. is it possible to check the 'fold' box before it's your turn with this program? It would be a time saver.

If you're 8-tabling, you could use F1-F8 (or any other 8 buttons), to check the fold box on a table.

SuitedSixes 12-12-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh.. is it possible to check the 'fold' box before it's your turn with this program? It would be a time saver.

If you're 8-tabling, you could use F1-F8 (or any other 8 buttons), to check the fold box on a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my set up for 10-tabling SNGs and 20-tabling ring games:

I have two monitors.
The active table pops up in upper right of monitor 1. Inactive tables go in the lower left and lower right of monitor 1. Tables that I am out of for some reason go to the uper left of monitor 2. The MTH window is open in the upper right of monitor 2. And the Party application is open in the lower left of monitor 2.

This allows me to verbalize my commands on the active monitor, while acting ahead of time (fold, check/call, etc.) on the inactive monitors on the bottom of the screen by using the mouse.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it pops up.

12-12-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two monitors.
The active table pops up in upper right of monitor 1. Inactive tables go in the lower left and lower right of monitor 1. Tables that I am out of for some reason go to the uper left of monitor 2. The MTH window is open in the upper right of monitor 2. And the Party application is open in the lower left of monitor 2.

This allows me to verbalize my commands on the active monitor, while acting ahead of time (fold, check/call, etc.) on the inactive monitors on the bottom of the screen by using the mouse.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just did another session of 8 tabling using MTH. In the last set I went far in 7 sng's... I almost died! In the last seven I finished 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 1st, 1st. I had to start using my mouse at one point, because I would've run out of time on all tables. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I screwed up anyway. I lost with a huge chiplead heads up. The blinds were very small so I was forced to play post flop, with all the other tables still going. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Freudian 12-12-2005 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have two monitors.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it poops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

pergesu 12-12-2005 07:18 PM

Man I can't make it push when I press enter. I set the push key to enter, but am getting no response. It doesn't have "require shift" checked or whatever, so I don't know what the problem is.

Why can't I use enter to push? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

curtains 12-12-2005 07:27 PM

how does one 20 table these days?

12-12-2005 07:31 PM

What does this mean?
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1015/error4zq.png

pergesu 12-12-2005 07:33 PM

Try downloading the file again. There was something wrong with the file you downloaded.