Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I hate every minute of this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319469)

PokerBob 08-20-2005 09:19 PM

I hate every minute of this

Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
Bicyclekick opens to my immediate right in MP, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folds to a tight-regular who 4-bets, blinds scram, BK and I call.

Flop 3-ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BK checks, I bet, TR calls, BK calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BK checks, I bet, TR raises, BK folds, I........

elindauer 08-20-2005 09:31 PM

Re: I hate every minute of this

Hi Bob,

I don't like folding in this big pot when you surely have plenty of outs if behind. I don't like 3-betting as your opponent has claimed substantial strength and is well behind anyways if he doesn't have it. Therefore, I call.

On the river, I may donkbet, as he'll probably call with more hands than he'll bet.

-Eric

marsvolta619 08-20-2005 09:31 PM

Call, lead out on the river, call a raise. You're behind AK, AQ, and QQ realistically here. I think QQ plays this similarly, but I dunno if I could fold this. I feel like betting the river is correct here because you don't want to lose a bet when you're ahead. Villain could have KK and wants a free showdown. I'd like to see the results of this

Dantes 08-20-2005 09:41 PM

call & check fold river

JimmyV 08-20-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call & check fold river

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close to right on (obviously if you boat up you bet out).

But I think I check-call the river. If it's a leak it's not my biggest one!

PokerBob 08-20-2005 09:55 PM

Let\'s make this even worse.....

Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
Bicyclekick opens to my immediate right in MP, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folds to a tight-regular who 4-bets, blinds scram, BK and I call.

Flop 3-ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BK checks, I bet, TR calls, BK calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BK checks, I bet, TR raises, BK folds, I call.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I...open fold?

Jeff W 08-20-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, lead out on the river, call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too much action. The only hand you beat is KK, but he won't always raise the turn w/ KK, nor will he always call the river bet w/ KK.

Best line is to call the turn and check-fold the river unimproved. Bet the river if you improve.

JimmyV 08-20-2005 10:20 PM

Re: Let\'s make this even worse.....

[ QUOTE ]

I...open fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff-6-bet and fold to a 7-bet.

No, actually, yes, just fold. Ugh!

fearme 08-21-2005 02:14 AM

i dont like call and checkfold river, call then crying call
on river

andyfox 08-21-2005 02:35 AM

Re: Let\'s make this even worse.....

I put TR on pocket queens. If he's really tight, he just might check behind on the river, fearing you have A-K. Tight players don't 4-bet preflop with KQs, the only hand he could conceivably have that you can beat.