Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   you have the flush...so? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388653)

smurfitup 11-30-2005 08:03 PM

you have the flush...so?

good 40-80 game at hollywood park last week.

i open utg w/ a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

loose button calls, weak-tight pro in bb hesitates and calls. we've played each other a few times and have mutual respect for the other person's play.

flop is j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, hero bets, button calls, villain calls.

turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, hero bets, button folds, villain raises, hero 3-bets...

Solami17 11-30-2005 08:07 PM

Re: you have the flush...so?

I think you have to call this turn raise if villian does cap it. You have AA with the nut flush draw.

If a spade does not fall on the river, you should bet/fold

El Tigre 11-30-2005 08:34 PM

Why bet/fold, just in case u try for the check call and he checks behind when he misses a spade if he does indeed have a draw. I think I go for the check/call most of the time here if the alternative is bet/fold. Might be a leak though

11-30-2005 08:57 PM

to the above two posters,

hero has position on the villain (he is the bb) on this hand.

i don't like the 3-bet smurf. if he is weak-tight what hands is he checkraising you with against which you're ahead? does a weak-tighty make this play JK, K of spades? that's the only hand he might do this with of which you're ahead.

what's his hand range here? set, flush, JK w/ K of spades, maybe JA? against that a 3-bet is bad.

i just call here and just call the river unless a spade falls.

11-30-2005 09:17 PM

Meh, it's a close decision whether to three bet or call IMO. Given the fact that you have the A of spades, I dont think he'll be capping this turn very often. I think he'll be able to recognize your hand fairly quickly and deduce that you either have the nuts or the nut flush draw. I think you'll be better off not three betting this turn.

smurfitup 11-30-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, it's a close decision whether to three bet or call IMO. Given the fact that you have the A of spades, I dont think he'll be capping this turn very often. I think he'll be able to recognize your hand fairly quickly and deduce that you either have the nuts or the nut flush draw. I think you'll be better off not three betting this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy is weak-tight... even if he says it's 50/50 that i have the nuts or the nut flush draw, i think it's unlikely that he's capping there. but maybe i'm wrong. at the time, it seemed that if i was going to showdown, i might as well 3 bet the turn and gain an extra bet for the times i do hit my flush.

11-30-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i might as well 3 bet the turn and pay an extra bet to draw for the times i do hit my flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

11-30-2005 11:36 PM

Okay. (?)

Tex

hexag1 11-30-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weak-tight pro

[/ QUOTE ]
huh?

now, i have no business posting here, but im curious. weak-tight pro? is that right? i was under the impression that "pro" meant you do this for a living, and that "weak-tight" meant you are a losing player.

12-01-2005 06:57 AM

I think he would be weak/tight to online players but not live?