Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is Diet Coke really bad for you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314826)

climber 08-14-2005 02:52 AM

Is Diet Coke really bad for you?

As opposed to say water?

I mean zero calories, no actual sugars? I guess the aspartame(sp?) just tricks your taste buds into a "sweet" taste but nutiritionally how does it differ from say water?

BTW this is my first OOT post...seems pretty off topic so thought i'd give it a shot.

Nathan183 08-14-2005 03:01 AM

Re: Is Diet Coke really bad for you?

Anything that tastes that bad can't be good for you.

Diet Coke is nothing but an invention to make fat people feel better about themselves.

For example:

300lb fatty pulls up to McDonalds drive-thru:

"I'd like to order 3 Big Macs, a supersize fry, 2 apple pies, and ummm... a DIET Coke."

Who do they think they're kidding?

Brainwalter 08-14-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contraire. It tastes very bad, but plenty of healthful things taste way worse imo.

Nathan183 08-14-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contraire. It tastes very bad, but plenty of healthful things taste way worse imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I just absolutely hate the taste of aspartame or any of those other artifical sweeteners. Despite what they claim, I'm pretty sure that stuff is not much better than sugar for your overall health, and it tastes terrible.

For the record, Coke is probably my favourite type of soda, although I've almost completely stopped drinking it for health reasons.

ChipWrecked 08-14-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For the record, Coke is probably my favourite type of soda, although I've almost completely stopped drinking it for health reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning you're down to a 270lb. fatty now?

Nathan183 08-14-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning you're down to a 270lb. fatty now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it's a preventative measure.

ChipWrecked 08-14-2005 03:35 AM

Word. I was just kiddin' ya. Actually, HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) is just nasty stuff whatever form it comes in.

cnfuzzd 08-14-2005 06:10 AM

water- been around forever

diet coke-comes from the same marketing genuises that brought us "new coke".

peace

john nickle

youtalkfunny 08-14-2005 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'd like to order 3 Big Macs, a supersize fry, 2 apple pies, and ummm... a DIET Coke."

Who do they think they're kidding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like apple pie, and I only get two QPw/C. Other than that, you've accurately described me.

I don't think I'm "fooling" anybody. I like the taste of Diet Coke better than the taste of Coke. It's tough to get used to the taste of diet sodas--but once you do, you prefer it over the taste of "regular" sodas.

Oh, back to the OP: Yeah, it's bad for you. That caffeine revs up your appetite. The carbonation can't help anything. And the acid is eating you alive.

Of course, when I say "you", I mean "us".

cnfuzzd 08-14-2005 06:21 AM

most of what you say is false. Check out various places that accurates assess diet sodas vs, say, coffee or sports drinks...

peace

john nickle