Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   tell hunting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389009)

Yarney 12-02-2005 06:17 PM

Re: tell hunting

I always say "Don't worry, if you had me beat you definately would have called." It makes em happy and it doesn't really tell em anything.

-Yarney

swede123 12-02-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always say "Don't worry, if you had me beat you definately would have called." It makes em happy and it doesn't really tell em anything.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good. It's amazing how much can be accomplished with a little ego stroking/flattery. People are such sheep.

I know it would be difficult to accurately gauge this, but I'd say that a pleasant, curteous, flattering demeanour would increase someone's win rate quite noticably, particularly in lower stakes games.

Swede

Brom 12-02-2005 06:53 PM

I agree with whoever advised to say you had Jacks. It nearly always makes sense with any board to say you had Jacks, win or lose.

Luv2DriveTT 12-02-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people just respond, "I had the winning hand." It's always true regardless of what you held.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good. Other guys say "Jacks." Its pretty funny, when they say it for the millionth time in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, I resemble that remark.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

ThaHero 12-02-2005 10:55 PM

This is why I love these boards. I now have a million things to say when I'm asked this question for the millionth time.

12-03-2005 02:59 AM

I usually say "I forgot" or just makeup a nickname for a hand, people are so afraid that they'll look dumb they just go along with it.

"So what'd you have that last hand?"
"Oh I had the old bow and arrow"

dynamite 12-03-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that a pleasant, curteous, flattering demeanour would increase someone's win rate quite noticably, particularly in lower stakes games.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good. Thanks swede

MCS 12-03-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually say "I forgot" or just makeup a nickname for a hand, people are so afraid that they'll look dumb they just go along with it.

"So what'd you have that last hand?"
"Oh I had the old bow and arrow"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good stuff.

I'm with Yarney. I always say that they wouldn't have folded a hand that beat mine. It makes them feel smart and also allows me to bluff them later.

brettbrettr 12-04-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey, I resemble that remark.

TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the guy I'm talking about is better.

DrewOnTilt 12-04-2005 12:44 PM

I like to tell people that I had 72 offsuit. It lightens the mood a bit and makes people laugh, and they tend to stop asking me what I had.