Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is constantly pushing all in with any 2 and rebuying +EV? Explain? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348656)

AlphaWice 10-02-2005 06:15 AM

Is constantly pushing all in with any 2 and rebuying +EV? Explain?

I notice some good (even world class) players will push with any 2 and double rebuy every hand. How is this +EV? Can you explain?

10-02-2005 06:17 AM

Re: Is constantly pushing all in with any 2 and rebuying +EV? Explain?

they're better. its not every hand, most likely coinflips. the way they look at it is that all they're doing is giving donks chips and fattening the prize pool.

Exitonly 10-02-2005 06:23 AM

Re: Is constantly pushing all in with any 2 and rebuying +EV? Explain

[ QUOTE ]
I notice some good (even world class) players will push with any 2 and double rebuy every hand. How is this +EV? Can you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're gambling to get a big stack for after the rebuy period, it's obviously not +cEV, but they feel that they can outplay their opponents eonugh when they have a deep (like 100-400BB's) after the first hour cause theres lots of bad people still around.

I'm not convinced it's +ev.. but wild aggression (but not necesarily any two) definitely can be.

billyjex 10-02-2005 06:41 AM

they also do this to flood their table w/ a bunch of chips so after the rebuy they can take them back.

10-02-2005 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they also do this to flood their table w/ a bunch of chips so after the rebuy they can take them back.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then they get shifted to a new table, and say really really bad words.

LethalRose 10-02-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont always get changed, pokerstars has a system just like other sites so you can tell if you're going to get moved a lot. I've played 1 table for 4-5 hours several times.

FishInAPhoneBooth 10-02-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont always get changed, pokerstars has a system just like other sites so you can tell if you're going to get moved a lot. I've played 1 table for 4-5 hours several times.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you tell? I thought it was random.

Exitonly 10-02-2005 02:41 PM

yea i thought stars did it random too.... they dont work the tables down to the #1 table.. often the FT is like #170 or something stupid.

10-02-2005 02:47 PM

Another advantage is that nobody believes you when you have a good hand and they'll start getting into battles with you on cards they wouldn't normally bet on.. I don't have enough money to just push all the time, but I do remember a guy who pushed and rebought like 10+ times.. he eventually built his stack up pretty good, and when he had a real hand, people were calling him down with like 10-Q, KJ, 5-5 etc

JustPlayingSmart 10-02-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you tell? I thought it was random.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not random, but it's not predictable either. Tables balance whenever a multiple of 9 players remains (81, 450, etc.), so if you're table causes this to happen (82nd player knocked out, 451st, etc.) then you're table will be closed.