Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lots of checking. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366743)

surfdoc 10-27-2005 04:34 PM

Lots of checking.

Villians here are typical Party bad.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (1.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

Simple? Standard?

mute 10-27-2005 04:45 PM

Re: Lots of checking.

I would bet the river. After the turn is checked through, I think there is a decent chance, that at least one if not both will call you without a club (or with a smaller club).

kelvin474 10-27-2005 04:47 PM

I might bet that river and try to get the "party bad" villains to call w/no clubs trying to chop. But I like what you did better. Letting MP take a hack at taking the whole pot and snapping him off has to work better than betting yourself and hoping he tries to chop.

Thats the only one that looked close to questionable to me. Because the pot is miniscule on the turn. Throw a couple more BB's in there and I might stab at the turn.

jba 10-27-2005 04:49 PM

three way unraised pots I like to bet out on the flop with my BB with most pairs and any draw.

I think that line works well because of the high fold equity you typically have. Not so much here with two broadways and straight an flush draws. I like the way you played it.

are you overcalling the river? I'm not.

Moozh 10-27-2005 06:59 PM

I like the turn, I think it's standard.

The river is good too. Obviously, with the ace, you'd be betting here. With the six, I like the check. So where's the line? With the broadways out, I'm definitely betting a nine, and probably an eight. Good?

ArturiusX 10-27-2005 07:06 PM

Bet the turn.

Surfbullet 10-27-2005 07:20 PM

I'd bet the turn. If I didn't bet the turn, I'd definitely bet the river since players my call with no club to try and chop, which will happen more often (IMO) than your remaining opponent bluffing at the pot.

Surf

imported_leader 10-27-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subfallen 10-27-2005 07:53 PM

Raise preflop. Rest of the hand plays itself then.

As is, meh, whatever. Doesn't matter.

[ QUOTE ]
Villians here are typical Party bad.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (1.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (1.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

Simple? Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surfbullet 10-27-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. Rest of the hand plays itself then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer betting nearly any flop than raising pf.

Also, I think it is an important hand - our mistakes cost us the most in small pots.

Surf