Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I didn't think this was possible (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393481)

Stealthy 12-07-2005 02:47 PM

I didn\'t think this was possible

After not 1 losing session in a month today was a day I did not think could happen. When players talked about huge losing session I always felt that their own play (tilting maybe) must have been at least a partial factor.

Well I just 5 tabled for 1 1/2 hours played better than I had in a few days and dropped 100BB. I missed every draw I had and only chased with the odds, they all hit theirs including 8 gutshots HU. Had AA and KK just 3 times and lost all of them HU. Kept getting called when I had TPTK on the flop by a fish with no hand or draw and falling to runner runner. I simply had no good hands to counterbalance the beats. I also lost to set over set no less than 4 times! Probably not lost one of those in the previous week.

I know that nobody cares but sharing helps me.

BigBiceps 12-07-2005 03:42 PM

Re: I didn\'t think this was possible

Was this on Party, Paradise or Stars?

I heard that if you win alot, they try to redistribute the wealth a bit after you win alot.

Stealthy 12-07-2005 03:45 PM

Party. I lost maybe 10-15BB overplaying a few hands. A few times I had the 2nd nuts and my opponent had the nuts and I would CAP a big street. The rest I played good.

I was running at 3.6BB/100 at $2 $4 limit for 11k hands and now after 11.8K I am at 2.5BB/100!!! Still ahead of the game but brutal to have a losing session twice as bad as any winning session I have had to date.

obsidian 12-07-2005 03:56 PM

Your biggest winning session is 50BB? Do you just quit when you win 50BB or something?

Stealthy 12-07-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your biggest winning session is 50BB? Do you just quit when you win 50BB or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly yes! Like a moron anytimes I got over $150 I counted it as a good day and quit! Often this would happen after just 200-300 hands. I didn't play scared poker in respect of hands but did in respect of not wanting to ruin a good session.

utmt40 12-07-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly yes! Like a moron anytimes I got over $150 I counted it as a good day and quit! Often this would happen after just 200-300 hands. I didn't play scared poker in respect of hands but did in respect of not wanting to ruin a good session.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself doing the same thing somedays.

jph0424 12-07-2005 07:51 PM

That is bad. Read Malmuths Gambling Theory and Other Topics. Any kind of stop win or stop loss is bad because you are inevitably leaving in some profitable situations when you do not need to leave yet.

MrBig30 12-07-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was running at 3.6BB/100 at $2 $4 limit for 11k hands and now after 11.8K I am at 2.5BB/100!!! Still ahead of the game but brutal to have a losing session twice as bad as any winning session I have had to date.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 200K I can tell you 12K is nothing at all. Other people can tell me my 200K is nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think this was possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep playing and its guaranteed to happen again and again.

SNOWBALL138 12-07-2005 09:15 PM

set over set four times in 9 minutes four tabling? Maybe you should post this in the philosophy forum as proof that satan exists?

Stealthy 12-07-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
set over set four times in 9 minutes four tabling? Maybe you should post this in the philosophy forum as proof that satan exists?

[/ QUOTE ]

No 4 times in an hour and a half.

Well just played another 5 hours trying to get some kind of recovery going. Party was having none of it and my rivered gutshots rose well into the high 20s. Managed to scramble 30BB back though so there is always tomorrow.