Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374594)

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:00 PM

\"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

Our hero's run is going to come to a quick end today. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Table 117:

Seat 1: Mike Matusow
Seat 2: Michael Kessler
Seat 3: Shahram Sublem
Seat 4: Johnny Howard
Seat 5: Bernard Lee
Seat 6: Tom Sartori
Seat 7: Conor Tate
Seat 8: Tiffany Williamsen

Table 118:

Seat 1: Greg Raymer
Seat 2: Tim Phan
Seat 3: Aaron Kanter
Seat 4: Per Hildebrand
Seat 5: Ayhan Alsancak
Seat 6: Phil Ivey
Seat 7: Joseph Hachem
Seat 8: Andrew Black
Seat 9: Joe Connor

Table 129:

Seat 1: John McGrane
Seat 2: Scott Lazar
Seat 3: Tuan Vu
Seat 4: Tex Barch
Seat 5: Bryant King
Seat 6: Daniel Bergsdorf
Seat 7: Oskar Silow
Seat 8: Steve Dannenmann
Seat 9: Minh Ly

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:04 PM

Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

Hand 5 - Phil Ivey has the button in seat 6, he comes in for a standard raise, Black reraises, and Ivey pulls some chips from his stack to shuffle them in one hand while he holds his cards in the other. Ivey counts out the chips and reraises right back at Black (I believe the amount is $500,000). Andrew Black, who is wearing his sunglasses upside-down (Marcel Luske-style), is taking his time here. Black moves all in, and Ivey quickly folds. Black shows Ad-2d as he collects the pot.

skiier04 11-08-2005 09:06 PM

Yes I still heart Mike

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:07 PM

The CardPlayer Report:

Shawn Sheikhan Flips Out, Matusow Goes All-In

Obiously regretting his fold, Shawn Sheikhan, begins talking about his hand to members of the crowd. Mike Matusow takes issue with that, and accidentally lets the F-word slip. After the argument Kessler reraises, Matusow goes all-in, and wins the pot. Tournament Director Jack Effel rules that both players will be given a ten minute penalty - a devasting blow for Sheikhan, who is very short stacked.

billyjex 11-08-2005 09:07 PM

mike matusow is quickly becomign my favorite

SoloAJ 11-08-2005 09:07 PM

Wow, that was handled VERY well by the floorman guy, whoever it was.

He even made sure to spell it out for both of them "Best thing you can do is just don't say a word back to me"

Very well handled by that guy whoever he is.

Edit: Yes Effel. Bah.

graydot 11-08-2005 09:07 PM

wow what a start, im loving this

Shibby 11-08-2005 09:08 PM

I cannot believe he did that! How do you get that deep in the World Series and blow your [censored] mind like that?!?

graydot 11-08-2005 09:08 PM

I thought he was going to say

"Lets not start out the tournament this way, both of you were at fault, let this be a warning"

But the penelty works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

davehwm 11-08-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The CardPlayer Report:

Shawn Sheikhan Flips Out, Matusow Goes All-In

Obiously regretting his fold, Shawn Sheikhan, begins talking about his hand to members of the crowd. Mike Matusow takes issue with that, and accidentally lets the F-word slip. After the argument Kessler reraises, Matusow goes all-in, and wins the pot. Tournament Director Jack Effel rules that both players will be given a ten minute penalty - a devasting blow for Sheikhan, who is very short stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Didn't seem very "accidental" to me.

I love the fireworks thought and I hate Sheikhan. What a whiner.

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:09 PM

A little reminder to everyone: Insult posts are going to result in deletions and suspensions.

If you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't make a post.

Edit: 1 suspension already. Keep the insults to yourself.

Gabe DV 11-08-2005 09:10 PM

I don't like him, but Matusow was 100 percent right there.

graydot 11-08-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little reminder to everyone: Insult posts are going to result in deletions and suspensions.

If you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't make a post.

Edit: 1 suspension already. Keep the insults to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike needs to get suspended for grilling phill [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jomatty 11-08-2005 09:18 PM

matusows kinda grown on me. there isnt much that would make me lose my cool but what sheik did was awful and would test me.
matty

graydot 11-08-2005 09:21 PM

whats black doing? is he just playing carelessly?

reraise all in with a2 and now 1010 with K

reo 11-08-2005 09:23 PM

THE MOUTH NEEDS HIS OWN SHOW.

11-08-2005 09:23 PM

If that was Ivey or Raymer makin those moves would you have the same question?

SoloAJ 11-08-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats black doing? is he just playing carelessly?

reraise all in with a2 and now 1010 with K

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably realizes the guys he is making moves against are willing to splash chips and show power...when they can't always.

Or....he is just playing reckless.

splashpot 11-08-2005 09:23 PM

Lol. That was hilarious. Matusow is funny to watch, would piss me off to play against him though.

graydot 11-08-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that was Ivey or Raymer makin those moves would you have the same question?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

The day just started and he is pushing like mad against big stacks

I mean raymer made your average continuation bet with the K on the board, i seen him do the same with AK when it hits K

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:25 PM

Hand 17 - Greg Raymer has the button in seat 1, Black raises, Raymer raises, and Black calls. The flop comes Ks-5s-3c, Black checks, Raymer bets, Black raises about $800,000 more, and Raymer asks him how many chips he has left. (Black's chips are in very tall stacks, and difficult to eyeball.) Raymer's glasses are off as he studies the situation from the other side of the table. Raymer looks like he's trying to get a read more than anything else. Raymer eventually folds, and Black takes the pot.

Exitonly 11-08-2005 09:26 PM

Here it is.

KANTER YOU ABSTARD

Brain 11-08-2005 09:26 PM

Does anyone else feel like that Harrah's responsible gambling PSA reminds you of an SNL skit (Horatio Sanz or one of the other cast members whose name I forget)?

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:27 PM

Here it is:

Hand 20 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 5, Raymer raises, and Kanter calls. The flop comes 6c-5d-3h, and there's a bet and a call. The turn card is the 7h, Kanter bets $600,000, and the two players are quickly all in. Raymer shows pocket kings (Kd-Kh), and Kanter has Qh-Jh. Kanter has a flush draw, and needs to catch a heart to win the pot. The river card is the 2h, and Kanter makes his flush to double up through Greg Raymer.

Kanter's supporters are ecstatic, and cheering loudly, but the rest of the room is nearly silent as crowd-favorite Greg Raymer loses a huge pot. You can distinctly hear the cheers, but the silence in the rest of the room is almost overpowering. Aaron Kanter now has somewhere between $3.5 and $4 million, while Greg Raymer is crippled down to about $400,000.

skiier04 11-08-2005 09:27 PM

Still makes me sick.

11-08-2005 09:31 PM

Just shows that you have to be lucky to not be unlucky in large field MTTs. Why is it that MTT's are my game then? lol

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:36 PM

Greg Raymer Eliminated in 25th Place ($304,680)

Hand 23 - Andrew Black has the button in seat 8, Alsancak raises, and Raymer calls from the big blind. The flop comes Kh-Kc-7c, Raymer moves all in, and Alsancak calls. Raymer shows Ac-9h, and Alsancak has pocket fives (5d-5c). Raymer needs to catch a nine, an ace, or running clubs to stay alive. The turn card is the Kd, and Raymer needs to catch a seven, a nine, a king, or an ace to stay alive. The river card is the 2s, and Greg Raymer is eliminated in 25th place, earning $304,680.

The entire crowd of spectators, media, and even members of the ESPN crew give Raymer a standing ovation as he is eliminated in his quest to repeat as the World Series of Poker champion.

graydot 11-08-2005 09:38 PM

Well done mr. raymer

gobboboy 11-08-2005 09:39 PM

Greg, is this what you saw when he flipped up his QJh?

http://gobboboy.homestead.com/files/punt.jpg

Because I think that's what I saw.

11-08-2005 09:41 PM

Am I the only one who saw Sheikhan making a masterbating hand motion while he was not standing up for Raymer's elimination?

jwvdcw 11-08-2005 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
matusows kinda grown on me. there isnt much that would make me lose my cool but what sheik did was awful and would test me.
matty

[/ QUOTE ]
I missed it. What exactly happened?

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:44 PM

A brutal one.

Tim Phan Eliminated in 24th Place ($304,680)

Hand 33 - Joe Connor has the button in seat 9, Black raises, and the action is off the monitor, but he's soon all in against Tim Phan. Phan shows pocket tens (10h-10s), and Black has Ah-Qh. It's a race situation as the flop comes Ad-10d-9s, and Phan makes a set of tens over Black's pair of aces. The turn card is the Qd, giving Black two pair, and he can now catch a queen or an ace on the river for a full house to win the pot (4 outs). The river card is -- a QUEEN! Andrew Black makes a runner-runner full house to eliminate Tim Phan in 24th place, earning $304,680.

El Ishmael 11-08-2005 09:44 PM

OMFG

queenwithatrey 11-08-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who saw Sheikhan making a masterbating hand motion while he was not standing up for Raymer's elimination?

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw it, classy

Dynasty 11-08-2005 09:48 PM

Hand 35 - There is a dead button in seat 2, Hachem raises, and Dannenmann calls. The flop comes 10d-9s-5d, Dannenmann bets, Hachem raises to $1,000,000, and Dannenmann reraises all in. (It's uncertain whether or no Dannenmann bet out initially, but the million-dollar bet and the all in are clear.)

Hachem asks for a count of Dannenmann chips, and then spends some time studying his opponent. He even stands up at one point, taking a drink from his bottle of water. He says something to Dannenmann, who then carefully rechecks his cards, and then wipes his brow as if to say, "Phew." Hachem has a small laugh at this, and the crowd giggles as well. Dannenmann is having some fun with him, putting on his sunglasses as if he is deathly serious about hiding any tells, and then laughing and taking them off. Hachem is still standing, studying his own chips as he contemplates the call. Dannenmann says something else to him, and they exchange a few more words.

Somebody at the table calls the clock, and Tournament Director Johnny Grooms says that he now has one minute to act on his hand. About ten seconds later, Hachem folds his cards, and Dannenmann asks if Hachem would like to see what he had. Hachem says he would, and Dannenmann shows pocket nines (9c-9h) for middle set.

It was a $2.5 million pot, and Dannenmann should be among the chip leaders at this point.

Exitonly 11-08-2005 09:50 PM

Danneman isn't nervous AT ALL.

Good fold hachem.

11-08-2005 09:51 PM

Wow, that hand between Dannennman and Hachem was great. I wonder why ESPN chose to show the relationship between those two... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

graydot 11-08-2005 09:51 PM

I would be killing myself for reraising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] No rabbit cam?

scdavis0 11-08-2005 09:52 PM

Am I the only one that considers folding KK when my opponent calls a bet on the a 365 rainbow flop the turn is a 7 and I get raised big?

billyjex 11-08-2005 09:52 PM

i hate tommy vu

edit: and dont ban me dynasty, i'm just bitchin cause he punked me really bad on day 1 by reraising me every time i stole