Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I'm never purchasing something with a mail-in rebate again. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391510)

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 12:30 AM

I\'m never purchasing something with a mail-in rebate again.

I buy the Logitech MX1000 a few months ago for whatever price and it included a $20 mail in rebate. I followed the instructions to receive the rebate to the letter. I go on their site today to check my rebate status and it says I'm not going to receive the rebate because I "failed to include the sales reciept." WTF? That's just [censored], the instructions were to send in two things (one of them being the sales reciept) and I of course did that. I sent their support an email but I can already feel this going south.

I know it's only $20 but the whole principle pisses me off. Anyone ever get burned by this bs before?

12-05-2005 12:33 AM

Re: I\'m never purchasing something with a mail-in rebate again.

You should ALWAYS make a copy of your reciept. ALWAYS. By the way, the rebates I mailed in so far worked out well.

Randy_Refeld 12-05-2005 12:33 AM

Two different times I bougth a McAffee product with a mail in rebate. The first time they sent me some BS reason why I didn't get it. The second time they claimed to have sne me a check, but it never reached me.

When I have bought computers with a mail in rebate I made a copy of everythign I sent them and got delivery confirmation from the post office.

TBag 12-05-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, the rebates I mailed in so far worked out well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, talk about salt in the wound.

If it's any consolation, I bought an MX1000 for full price w/out rebates and I'm still extremely satisfied with my purchase.

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 12:34 AM

Lesson learned :\

etizzle 12-05-2005 12:35 AM

i dont see why you would take the time to mail in the rebate in the first place.

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 12:36 AM

WTF, for the free money!

Seriosuly, the only reason why I bought the mouse was b/c I felt it was such a good price.

razor 12-05-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two different times I bougth a McAffee product with a mail in rebate. The first time they sent me some BS reason why I didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this happen to me. They sent me some postcard that said I didn't qualify. I called the number on the card to ask what was up. IIRC, I simply said I got a card and quoted some number that was on it. The guy tells me he has now processed my rebate I should be receiving your check within x number of days. The check arrived within the time stated.

dblgutshot 12-05-2005 12:46 AM

i hate mail in rebates too!

I learned my lesson at a young age when I never got my $5 back from jurassic park on vhs!

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 12:48 AM

I seriously think these are a scam and they remain profitable b/c of the people who never bother to file for the rebate AND a small percentage of people whose legitimate claims they don't approve. I think I found a worthy cause to fight for. I plan to blow the lid off this corrupt industry.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]