Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ak first hand at a new table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400209)

12-17-2005 09:34 AM

Ak first hand at a new table

No reads since I am new at this table and pretty new to shorthanded games so there may be flaws in my hand that I am not aware off [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero ...

adsman 12-17-2005 09:45 AM

Re: Ak first hand at a new table

I have to be honest, I'm having real trouble putting him on a hand here. Unless he's very tricky the only hand I can put him on postflop that plays this way is T6, and who the hell limps with that at 6max?
If you bet the river, are you folding to a raise?

JoshuaD 12-17-2005 09:46 AM

I'm checking behind here. See a showdown, make notes. I don't want to pay off a check-raise and I can't fold vs this opponent.

12-17-2005 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the river, are you folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea probably, since a c/r there tells me I am beaten. At least that what I think.

JoshuaD 12-17-2005 10:17 AM

If I accidentally bet, I would pay off a raise here. I want to see what he played so crazy and the EV is close either way.

12-17-2005 10:55 AM

I am betting this river, he isn't checking a set on this river and there aren't many hands that play this way that you don't beat.

AT, A6, T6 are the only real hands I see him on here.

You have an A so there are only 12 (A6 and T6) but there are 9(T6 that you now beat). His hand range is probably slightly higher than this. But if this is his hand range the pot is big enough to allow a call even when you are ahead of less than you are behind.

He may have tried getting cute with A5, 65, T5, but that sucks.

Bet/call vs this opponent. On second thought Bet/fold.

I don't think you get c/r here ever by a worse hand actually. Bet/Fold probably makes sense.