Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ with paired board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=206067)

jskills 03-03-2005 02:23 AM

QQ with paired board

I admittedly was confused by my opponent's play. He tended to attempt to slowplay big hands and I did see him bluff at a couple of pots. I had also seen him cold call preflop raises with small pocket pairs. He was a frowny (slightly loose preflop, aggressive preflop raising, passive postflop) after 50 or so hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

I felt pretty certain he did not hold a ten.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Mate0 03-03-2005 02:32 AM

Re: QQ with paired board

Why not bet the river? If he wanted to slow play he would leave the raising for the more expensive street. Therefore he most likely does not have a ten due to the flop betting and the turn call (and not a raise). I'd bet this river.

cold_cash 03-03-2005 02:33 AM

What about the flop or turn action led you to believe he didn't have a ten?

I think you gave too much action on the flop. If you're ahead, you're way ahead. If anybody's got a ten, you're hosed. In other words, I wouldn't mind MP2 coming along, and I don't want to barf chips all over the Button if he's holding trips.

I call the flop and turn and probably check/call the river.

davelin 03-03-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the river? If he wanted to slow play he would leave the raising for the more expensive street. Therefore he most likely does not have a ten due to the flop betting and the turn call (and not a raise). I'd bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying this because you saw the check.

Mate0 03-03-2005 02:36 AM

Edit: I'm a moron forget it.

milesdyson 03-03-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So check the turn?

jskills 03-03-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I felt pretty certain until all the flop action, then I wasn't sure.

milesdyson 03-03-2005 02:44 AM

Ah, since the comment was placed after the flop action I thought it was what you thought upon seeing the flop action.

jskills 03-03-2005 10:11 AM

RESULTS

Villan showed down 66. Weird line he took no? Admittedly, it did mess my mind up a little.

jskills 03-03-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't really bet the river when he bet the turn could I?

I was in call down mode and confused honestly ...