Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Very Familiar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384029)

QTip 11-23-2005 01:46 PM

Very Familiar

Unkowns and this post can be classified as forum clutter.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

crunchy1 11-23-2005 01:55 PM

Re: Very Familiar

YUK!

shant 11-23-2005 02:00 PM

This is straight out of the book right? You played it, but it looks exactly like a hand in SSH that I always had a hard time understanding.

11-23-2005 02:02 PM

Wasn't the pot bigger in the SSHE example? There was also a raise preflop and it was fairly easy to see the first better as unimproved overcards, with your three bet buying you two ace outs.

Entity 11-23-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is straight out of the book right? You played it, but it looks exactly like a hand in SSH that I always had a hard time understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not straight out of the book. The pot is smaller here.

Nick C 11-23-2005 02:07 PM

I just looked at the explanation for the SSH recommendation for its similar hand (p. 271), and there are some differences I believe to be important.

(1) The pot isn't as big.

(2) The initial bettor was not a PFR. So it's hard to put him on a big ace we could buy a couple of outs from.

In the posted hand, I don't really know what's best.

Shillx 11-23-2005 02:09 PM

We can probably make this work. I would venture to guess that this raise will show a profit though I would not be too suprised if it were just a varience builder (or a mistake). Obviously getting a free card is the major key here and I have no idea how often it will come. It would be interesting to see how often free card plays work these days.

Brad

QTip 11-23-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not straight out of the book. The pot is smaller here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the book here. Let's say that we think we'll get a free card here about 85% of the time with a 3 bet. I think that's conservative. What do you think of it now?

toss 11-23-2005 02:11 PM

So who raises PF?

QTip 11-23-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at the explanation for the SSH recommendation for its similar hand (p. 271), and there are some differences I believe to be important.

(1) The pot isn't as big.

(2) The initial bettor was not a PFR. So it's hard to put him on a big ace we could buy a couple of outs from.

In the posted hand, I don't really know what's best.

[/ QUOTE ]

How big was the pot? I don't have the book with me.

I'm glad this isn't turning out to be forum clutter because I felt bad posting it.