Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   barfing @ 2k PL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405218)

12-26-2005 11:49 PM

Re: more information

Still think its a fold, although closer than before. The stacks are really deep, and bottom two is not exactly a lock against TPTK or an overpair (although obviously I'd love to get my money in against this type of hand). Unless he's consistantly playing top pair/marginal kicker for his whole stack, I think that this still merits a fold against his probable hand range.

creedofhubris 12-27-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still think its a fold, although closer than before. The stacks are really deep, and bottom two is not exactly a lock against TPTK or an overpair (although obviously I'd love to get my money in against this type of hand). Unless he's consistantly playing top pair/marginal kicker for his whole stack, I think that this still merits a fold against his probable hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the deep stacks. After seeing the KJ I think I would have no problem getting 2K in there though.

etizzle 12-27-2005 03:47 AM

ok so youd get 2k in there easy, I agree. What about 3.5? Just stick it in there on the flop?

Howard Treesong 12-27-2005 03:53 AM

Re: SB folded n/m

[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands would you put on pandora..

AA, KK QQ, JJ, 7h8h, 66, 55

think of any others that are reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah6h and KhQh come to mind. AhKh probably isn't limping preflop, but either of the others might.

creedofhubris 12-27-2005 05:35 PM

Those stacks are too big to stick it in there on the flop in an unraised pot. You'd be putting in the 4th bet; even real bad players know that means something huge. If you manage to get it allin on the flop you're either way behind or flipping a coin.

HiatusOver 12-27-2005 06:18 PM

Re: barfing @ 2k PL

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the problem is we are either crushed or racing a very strong draw. I think i can find a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about AA,KK, QQ ggbman?

12-27-2005 06:30 PM

Re: barfing @ 2k PL

I don't know man, there is just something not right about the action on this hand. I would fold here.

RikaKazak 12-28-2005 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, at 5/10, I would say his hand range is MUCH WIDER than that, any str8 draw, or any flush draw are possible.

I call flop and see a turn. A safe turn I probably call then if he pushes on river fold, or hopefully check down.

Yeti 12-28-2005 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, at 5/10, I would say his hand range is MUCH WIDER than that, any str8 draw, or any flush draw are possible.

I call flop and see a turn. A safe turn I probably call then if he pushes on river fold, or hopefully check down.

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 is many, many, many times more aggressive than the 1k game. 5/10 is pretty tight and ABC. If you got similar action to this at the 1k you are crushed.

Your line is also pretty appalling.

HiatusOver 12-28-2005 11:37 AM

Aren't AA and KK extremely likely hands here?? How are they less likely than 55 or 66 or JJ. Yeti I really dont get this and I respect your opinion, please help me out here.